When you update QuickBooks Desktop, you may have gone through some issues with your QuickBooks Payroll. If the update was not done properly or some of the components were missed during the update, QuickBooks Desktop may throw some errors when you try to open payroll. If you are in similar situation and want to get rid of it, you need to follow the steps provided in this article. This article has covered all the required solution regarding the issue of QuickBooks Payroll Not Opening After Updating QuickBooks.
It is an error related to your QuickBooks company file, but it can be caused due to some issues with your QuickBooks company file. You might be getting the error because the software was updated to the latest version but the company file is still of the previous version.
Payroll Not Open After Updating QuickBooks
This section of the article has provided all the possible steps that can be taken to resolve QuickBooks Payroll Not Opening After update issue.
Step 1: Stop the QuickBooks processes entirely
- Press CTRL + ALT + Del keys simultaneously.
- From the given list, select Task Manager and then navigate to the Processes
- Close all the processes associated with QuickBooks and Intuit.
- Now, try to run QuickBooks Payroll again to check if the error is resolved or not.
Step 2: Repairing QuickBooks
- Restart your system.
- Create a backup of your QuickBooks Data.
- From the Start menu, open the Control Panel.
- Now, go to the Program & Features
- In the installed programs list, locate QuickBooks and double-click on the same.
- Now, the Installation Wizard of QuickBooks Desktop will open up and you will have two options Uninstall & Repair. You need to select the Repair
- The repairing process may take several minutes. Once the process finishes, you need to click on Finish.
- Restart your system to save changes.
During the repairing process, you may get several error messages such as File in Use. You just need to click on Ignore and then select Continue. This may happen multiple times and you need to ignore it every time.
Step 3: Get QuickBooks’s Latest release
If you have updated your QuickBooks Desktop and you started facing this error, there are chances that the QuickBooks Desktop was not properly update. This generally happens when you have selected automatic updates. If this is the case, you need to manually update your QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release. If you haven’t updated your QuickBooks Desktop at all and still face this issue, you must be using an outdated version of QuickBooks Desktop. You can update your QuickBooks 2017 version to QuickBooks 2020 version right now to avoid any discontinuation.
Step 4: Update to Latest Payroll tax table
After the QuickBooks Desktop is updated, you also need to update the payroll tax tables by following the steps mentioned below:
- From the Employees menu, choose Payroll Updates.
- Select Download the entire payroll
- Click on Get Update.
- Once the download finishes, you will get a message stating ‘the new tax table has been updated to the payroll on your computer’. You need to click on OK to see what changes are applied,
- Click on OK once you read the changes completely.
- Once all the process is finished, you need to run QuickBooks to check if the error is resolved or not. If you face the same error again, you need to connect with the payroll department to Intuit.
There are possibilities that the payroll is not opening after update QuickBooks you haven’t set up QuickBooks Payroll appropriately:
- From the main menu of QuickBooks, go to Help > QuickBooks Help.
- Enter Calculate payroll manually and hit enter.
- You will get articles associated to the payroll topics. You need to select the Calculating Payroll taxes manually
- You will get a disclaimer from Intuit. You need to read it carefully before you go further.
- Now, you need to select the Set my company file to use manual calculation
- You may also get another message stating ‘You must now calculate and enter your paycheck amounts manually. If you currently have an active QuickBooks Payroll Service Subscription, you must call the Intuit Payroll Service to cancel your subscription and avoid future charges.’ Click on OK.
- Now, the manual payroll will get activated and the items will be added to your List Menu.
- Now, you should be able to use all the payroll functionalities.
Technical Assistance For QuickBooks Desktop
The provided solutions should be help for you to resolve QuickBooks Payroll Not Opening issue and you should be work on your QuickBooks Payroll features. However, if you are not able to resolve the issue or you have any kind of doubt in any of the step, you can still contact our technical help team by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1850-308-2863 to get instant solutions for all your errors and issues.