Are you not sure weather your invoice was sent, and your customer or client received it? QuickBooks Desktop comes with a dedicated feature to track your invoice status so that you can stay on top of your receivables.
Track Invoice status in QuickBooks 2019
QuickBooks 2019 and 2020 helps you in tracking the invoice status/history easily. You just need to open the required invoice and click on See History option. This will open the Invoice History window and display a status flow:
- Sent: The invoice was sent through one of the email options in QuickBooks.
- Viewed: This status is shown when your customer received and opened the email. You can see the status only when you are connected to the internet. However, this status will only appear if your customer has allowed auto download image.
- Paid: The payment was entered for invoice in QuickBooks. The history shows partial and full payments
- Deposited: A payment deposit is recorded in QuickBooks Desktop.
Manually track invoice status
Checking status of your invoices is available on all versions of QuickBooks. It just depends upon your email program. You can enable deliver/read receipts to check whether your customer received it or not.
Verify if the invoice was sent
To start with, you need to make sure that you are using correct email address for your customer:
- Go to Customers menu and choose Customer Center.
- Now, double-click on the customer name. This will open the Edit Customer window.
- Navigate to the Address Info tab and then validate weather you are using accurate email address for the customer and it is formatted correctly.
Once you verify your email address, check whether the invoice(s) is sent by following steps mentioned below:
For a specific invoice
- Open the invoice.
- Now, go to the Reports tab and choose Transaction History.
- From the Invoice Information, put a checkmark on Send Date and Send Method.
- If you don’t see any status, there are chances that the invoice is tagged for Email Later. From the File menu, choose Send Forms to check if there are invoices in the email queue.
- Choose any or all the invoice to send and then click on Send Now.
For multiple invoices
You can view the history for more than once invoices as well by enabling required preferences:
- From the main menu, choose Edit and then Preferences.
- Now, choose Send Forms from the left pane and then navigate to the My Preferences
- From the Send e-mail section, verify whether the email is sent through Web Mail, Outlook, or QuickBooks email. If you are sending emails through the QuickBooks email:
- From the Company Preferences tab, enter your own email address in the BCC column to send any form email.
- If you receive a copy and you have entered recipient’s email address correctly, this shows that the email is send from QuickBooks.
- If you are using Outlook or Webmail:
- All the mail you sent is in your Sent folder.
- Except to verify that you are having appropriate email address and make that your customer receives the main, you don’t need to perform any other step.
Important: The Sent Email tab is appears in the Customer Information section that allows you to check your transaction history with the customer and it also shows that the email was successfully sent to a customer from within QuickBooks using Web Mail or Outlook. You need to verify every time that your emails are not going to the Spam or Junk folders of your customers.
Check if the emailed invoice was viewed/read by the customer
There are so many email services that comes with the option of read receipts. You can enable this read receipt option if you are using Microsoft Outlook Express or any other email services supported by QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on Email from the top of the invoice.
- From the program’s email window, choose Options to create a Delivery and Read Receipt
For webmail or other email services, you need to verify whether it supports read receipts or not.
Hopefully, this article was helpful for you and you have a clear idea about how to check that your customer has read your invoice that you send. In case, you are in doubt, you can get connected with our QuickBooks ProAdvisors by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1855-565-6250 and get your issues resolved.