You can maximize QuickBooks Desktop by customizing the information you store related to your customers, vendors, employees and items by using the custom fields. This article will help you to use QuickBooks Desktop Custom Fields. You can also connect with the Intuit QuickBooks Support to get more information about using the custom fields in the QuickBooks software.
Using these custom fields have various benefits and can be helpful for you anṇd your business:
- Custom fields provide you the option to add particular information to your customer, vendor, and employee list.
- You can add and manage additional data about Items.
- You can include the customized information in your forms and reports
How To Create Custom Name Field?
- Go to the Customer Center, Vendor Center, or Employee Center.
- Open the Customer Center by going into Customers > Customer Center to open the.
- For the Vendor Center, go to Vendors, then Vendor Center.
- For the Employee Center, go to Employees > Employee Center.
- Double-tap on the name on which you want to make modifications in the list.
- Go to the Additional Info tab and select the Define Fields
For each field you want to add:
- Provide the name you that you want to use in the Label
Note: Enter a name which is not used earlier in any field.
- Select the lists where the custom field applies.
- Click on
You will see the new fields on the Additional Info tab.
List Limitations in custom fields:
- The QuickBooks Pro/Premier users get 15 custom fields. However, you can use only 7 fields per category. Up to 7 custom fields can be added to your Customer & Job list, Vendors list, or Employee list. If you try to overlap the fields then the field count for that particular category will count as 1. For example, if you apply the same field to all 4 lists, still 5 fields can be added to each list.
- There are 30 custom lists in the Enterprise Solutions and you can add up to 12 customer fields per category.
- The limit for multi-choice list is 30 characters per line and you can accommodate up to 100 options.
- If you are using an existing report filter as a custom field you will be able to see both the reports under the Filters tab
How To Create Custom Item Fields?
- Navigate to the Lists > Item List.
- Double-tap on any of item available in the list.
- Go to the Edit Item window and click on the Custom Fields
- Click on Define Fields
- Under the Set up Custom Fields for Items window:
- Mention the name of the custom field under the Label column
- Click on the Use
Note: Use a name which is not used in any of the list for each custom field.
- Repeat the same steps for each custom item field.
- Click on OK to close the Set up Custom Fields for Items window.
- Click on
How To Add The Customized Field To Forms
- Open the form type that you want to customize
- Go to the Formatting
- Click on Customize Data Layout. Go to the Additional Customization window and:
- From the Header section, locate the label.
- Click on the check mark box of the additional field that you want to insert.
- Click on OK in order to close the window.
- Tap on OK to close the Additional Customization window.
- You also have the option to add any or all of the new fields to the sales and purchase forms. You can also get information from an item’s record to transfer automatically to a form. For this, you need to add the field to the form.
- While customizing form templates, the custom fields shows under the Header tab and items custom fields appears in the Columns tab.
- To know more about inserting data from customized in your reports, visit Use and customize form templates for more information.
QuickBooks Technical Support
The provided steps will allow you to use the customized field in QuickBooks Desktop. If in any case, you are not able to use or add customized fields in QuickBooks Desktop then you can get in touch with the technical support department of Intuit. You just need to dial the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-396-0208 to get instant support for QuickBooks software.