If you have been using QuickBooks from a long time, you will surely know the importance of using latest version of QuickBooks Desktop. Latest version of QuickBooks Desktop gives you so many benefits as it comes with latest features, new security updates, new interface and many more new add-ons. Not only this, release of every new version also expires a version released two years back. According to the Discontinuation policy of Intuit, every year a version released two years ago will get expired and this year, it’s 2017 version. So, if you use QuickBooks 2017 or an older version, you need to update your QuickBooks Desktop version before the May 31st, 2020.
If you don’t know the process to update your QuickBooks to latest version or you are new to QuickBooks, you need not to worry at all because we are here to help you with all kinds of issues and queries related to QuickBooks Desktop. In this article, we will be help you with the process to upgrade your QuickBooks 2017 version to QuickBooks 2020.
Before moving onto the actual steps, you need to make sure that your system fulfills all requirements. To know more about it, you can visit: System Requirements For QuickBooks 2020 And Enterprise Solutions 20.0.
How To Update QuickBooks Desktop?
Basically, there are two different methods that you can implement to update QuickBooks to the latest release. You can uninstall the current version and then install the latest version, or you can overwrite the software version. Two methods to update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release are as follow:
- Manual Update
- Automatic Update
Before you go to the update process, you need to make sure that you are eligible to install the latest released product and your QuickBooks Firewall Ports are appropriately set up. If these two points are not ensured, either you won’t be able to update QuickBooks or even face some errors.
- From the main menu of QuickBooks, go to File and choose Close Company or Log off.
- Now, go to the File menu and choose Exit.
- From the desktop, right-click on the QB icon and select Run as Administrator.
- This will open the No Company Open screen.
- From the main menu, go to Help and select Update QuickBooks.
- Choose Option and then select Mark All
- Click on Save.
- Go to the Update Now tab and put a checkmark on Reset Update
- Select Get Updates and the update will now start.
- Wait for the process to get finished and then close QuickBooks.
- Run QuickBooks again and on the Install Updates dialog box, click on Install Now.
- Open an internet browser and navigate to the official website of Intuit.
- Navigate to the Update to Latest Release page.
- Choose your product and then click on Change
- Navigate to the Update page.
- Click on Save and save this file to your desktop.
- Double-click on the installed file and follow the onscreen prompts.
- Once the process finishes, restart your system.
The provided methods should help you to update your QuickBooks to the latest version. One thing you need to keep in your mind that you perform all the steps in the shown sequence otherwise you may find yourself in trouble. If the steps are not performed appropriately, there are chances that you can face some update errors in QuickBooks desktop such as:
- QuickBooks Payroll Error 15107
- QuickBooks Error 15101
- QuickBooks Error 15102
- QuickBooks Error 15125 Server Not Responding
- QuickBooks Error 15106
- QuickBooks Error 12152
- QuickBooks Error 15240
- QuickBooks Error 15241
- QuickBooks Error 15270
- QuickBooks Payroll Error 15276
- QuickBooks Error 15301
- QuickBooks Payroll Error 15311
- QuickBooks Payroll Error 12157
- QuickBooks Error 12152
- QuickBooks Update Error 12007
- QuickBooks Error Code 12029
- QuickBooks Error 12031
The provided methods in this article will surely be helpful for you in updating QuickBooks 2017 version to the 2020 version. We have provided steps to update the entire version of QuickBooks desktop, but Intuit also update regular security updates as well that are important. If you face any of the above error while updating QuickBooks, you need to get instant solutions for your issues so that you can use the latest version of QuickBooks without any issue. However, if you are not able to resolve those errors manually, you can connect with our technical assistance team by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1855-565-6250 and get instant solutions for your issues.