Updating your email address is essential because it is one of the most primary means of providing you important notifications and communications. With Email Address, you can also retrieve your User ID or Password in the future.
|Important: The email you are using to receive Email Notification doesn’t require to be the same as the email that you are using to retrieving User ID or Password.|
This article will provide you the complete information about updating email address in QuickBooks Desktop. In case, if you are facing any kind of issue while updating your email address or any login issues then you can contact us at our QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1800-324-6955 to get solutions for your issues.
Email Address for Receiving Notifications
The email address you use to receive notifications is associated with your name in the authorized users in the QuickBooks company file. In case, if you are the Billing Contact then you will get the notifications of your QuickBooks account with this email.
What Notifications Will I Receive?
There can be various notification through this email address. We have mentioned some of the examples of the many forms of notifications that you can receive from Intuit and some of them are as follow:
- Payroll newsletters (Quarterly)
- Intuit QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Tax Table Update Notice (whenever a new tax table is available)
- Auto-renewal notices for annual subscribers (a least 45 days from the renewal date)
- Order/Charge confirmation (upon the renewal of your service)
- Other important notifications regarding the modifications in the federal and state regulations.
You need to follow the below-mentioned steps to update your email address for notifications:
- Log into My Account using your correct login credentials.
- Choose the product or service you would like to manage from the Manage your QuickBooks
- Make sure whether you are logged into the right company file and you can check it from the top-right corner. If you are not logged into the correct company file then you need to select the correct company from the drop-down options.
- Navigate to the Authorized Users list and then click on Edit beside your name.
- Enter your new email address and then click on Save.
- Click on X button to go back to the home page.
- You will get a notification regarding the change into your new email address.
Email Address for Retrieving User ID/ Password
The email address you use to login to your company file and is where you can receive your User ID and Password if you want to reset your login information.
To update the email address associated to your login:
- Log into My Account.
- Choose the product or service that you want to manage from the Manage your QuickBooks
- From the top-right corner of the company name, click on the drop-down arrow.
- Click on Edit Login and then navigate to the Profile
- From the Email Address field, click on Edit.
- In the Email address and Confirm email address section, enter the new email address.
- Provide your login password in the Password
- Click on Save and you will get a verification email to your newly updated email address.
- Open your email’s inbox and then open the verification email.
- Click on Verify my email
- Once you get the notification that says Email address verified and then click on Continue to complete the process.
If you no longer have access to My Account and your current email address: In case if you are not able to login to My Account and you don’t have access to the email that you used to retrieve your login credentials then you need to make a request to change your Intuit account email address at the QuickBooks Support department.