Updating email address is important as it is the most popular mean of sending and receiving important notifications and communications. Also, by using your email address, you can retrieve your User ID or Password in the future.
Important: The email address you use in received Email Notification and the email that you use when retrieving User ID or Password doesn’t have to be the same.
Email Address For Receiving Notification
This email address is associated to your name under the authorized users in the company. You will receive account notifications via this email if you are the Billing Contact in the account.
What Notification Will I Receive?
You can receive multiple notifications through this email. In the following list, we have mentioned some of examples or the most possible notifications through this email:
- Payroll newsletters (Quarterly)
- Intuit QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Tax Table Update Notification (whenever a new tax table is available)
- Auto renewal notices for annual subscribers (a least 45 days from the renewal date)
- Order/Charge confirmation (upon the renewal of your service)
- Other critical notices related to the changes in the federal and state regulations.
To update your email address for notification
- Log in to My Account
- From the Manage your QuickBooks page, click on the product or service you want manage.
- Make sure that you are logged in the right company if not then select the correct company.
- Go to the Authorized Users list
- Click on Edit
- Provide your new email address then click on Save
- Now, you will receive a notification about this change to your new email address.
Email Address For Retrieving User ID/Password
This email address associated to your Login details and where you may receive your User ID and Password when you try to reset your login info.
To update the email address associated to your login:
- Log into My Account
- From Manage Your QuickBooks page, click on the product or service that you want to manage.
- Click on Edit Login and then go to the Profile tab
- Click on Edit in the Email address field
- Provide the new email address in Email address and Confirm email address
- Enter the your account password
- Click on Save and you will receive a verification email to your new email address.
- Navigate to your email inbox and click on the latest mail
- Click on Verify my email
- Once you see the message Email address verified, click on Continue to finish the process.
If you no longer have access to My Account and your current email address:
If you are not able to log in to your QuickBooks account and you also don’t have access to the email you used to have your Login credential retrieved, you can make a request to change your Intuit account email address.
If the request that you made didn’t work and you are still not able to access your account then you need to get in touch with our QuickBooks ProAdvisors through the toll-free QuickBooks Customer Support Phone Number +1888-396-0208. You will be directly connected with our technical support department and they will look into the matter and resolve your issues instantly.