Are you getting Unrecoverable Error when opening a QuickBooks Desktop file on a workstation? If yes, then this will surely be helpful for you in resolving the same. This issue usually occurs if you are using a workstation to open a QuickBooks company file located on the network. This error can occur when the QBFC monitor service is running on a system that doesn’t company file.
- Make sure that you are using the latest version of QuickBooks before you start performing the provided solutions.
- If you are using QuickBooks in a multi-user environment and you there is a dedicated server or machine to store your company file, make sure that hosting on your server is turned on.
- You can always prevent this error if you make sure that hosting is turned off on the workstations except the server.
How To Resolve This Unrecoverable Error?
Solution 1: Run the Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tools Hub.
Step 1: Download and install the QuickBooks Tools Hub
The QuickBooks Tool Hub helps fix common errors.
- Close QuickBooks.
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your server.
- Install the tool and follow onscreen prompts to properly install it.
- Once the installation finishes, run the tool.
Note: If you couldn’t locate the tool icon, you can search QuickBooks Tool Hub in the search field of the Start menu.
Step 2: Run Quick Fix my Program
- Choose Program Problems in the QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- Click on Quick Fix my Program.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and try to access your company file.
Step 3: Prevent QBCF Monitor service from re-starting on the workstation.
- Open the Run command by pressing Windows + R
- Type msc in the search field and hit enter.
- Now, double-click on QBFCMonitirService to open the Properties.
- For Startup type, choose Disabled.
- Click on Apply and OK.
Solution 2: Repair the QuickBooks Desktop Installation
See Repair QuickBooks for detailed instructions.
Solution 3: Follow the general troubleshooting for unrecoverable errors
See general troubleshooting for unrecoverable errors for detailed instructions.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Desktop
The provided solutions should be helpful for you in resolving the unrecoverable error while resolving the unrecoverable error while opening QuickBooks company file on multi-user environment. However, resolving unrecoverable error is the most difficult and complex thing in QuickBooks and you may not succeed every time. If you are not able to resolve this unrecoverable error, you can get in touch with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1805-900-6410 and get your issues resolved.