QuickBooks Desktop comes with so many features that allow you to manage your business with ease. One such feature is Advanced Inventory in QuickBooks Desktop. Advanced Inventory is exclusively for the QuickBooks Enterprise users that provides you an integrated inventory management tools within QuickBooks Desktop. However, to use this feature in QuickBooks Enterprise, you need to turn on Advanced Inventory in QuickBooks and for that, you have to purchase or subscribe to it.
Turning on Inventory will allow you to use the following features:
- FIFO costing
- Multiple location inventory
- Bar code scanning
- The bin or lot tracking
- Serial or lot numbers
- Sales order fulfillment process (Site Operations)
How To Turn On Advanced Inventory?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to turn on advanced inventory:
- Open QuickBooks and from the main menu, go to Edit > Preferences.
- Select Items & Inventory from the left pane and then navigate to the Company Preferences
- Put a checkmark on Inventory and Purchase Orders are Active
- Choose the Advanced Inventory Settings In case if the option is grayed out even if you have purchased it then you are required to sync license data online to make QuickBooks able to recognize it. To do so, follow the below steps:
- From the main menu of QuickBooks, go to Help > Manage my License > Sync License Data.
- Make sure that the Advanced Inventory Settings is not grayed out now.
- Close and re-open the QuickBooks program to use this feature.
For more information, you can visit: How Does QuickBooks Track Inventory?
In Case Of Sync Failure
In case if the sync fails on some systems but not on every connected system then it can be a system-specific issue. Note: The steps provided for this issue is for the Windows operating system that has nothing to do with Intuit. The issue can become a bit complex if it occurs during the time of repairing or uninstalling .NET Framework. If you are not sure about performing the steps manually then you can contact your IT specialist. You can follow the below-mentioned steps to resolve the issue:
- Run bat file.
- Repair or reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework
- Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Reinstall QuickBooks using a clean install
Reach Us For Support
Hopefully, you find this article helpful and you are now able to turn on and use advanced inventory in QuickBooks Desktop. In case if you could not turn the Advanced Inventory feature on or you are facing some errors or issue then you can simply contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-324-6955 and get a solution for your issues. You will be provided an instant solution for all your QuickBooks Errors and Issues that will help you in using QuickBooks software in a more efficient way and you will be able to manage your business smoothly.