If you are not sure whether your system is compatible with the latest security protocols then you have landed on the right page. This article will provide you the information about TLS 1.2 security and how it affects system requirements for QuickBooks Desktop.
TLS 1.2 is an advanced internet security protocol which is important to secure your data that you enter in the Desktop version. It provides you enhanced security and stability to your QuickBooks. All the connections used by QuickBooks to access Intuit Services have to meet some minimum requirements. In case, if the requirements couldn’t be met then you may have to face some limitations and some of them are as follow:
- All connected services such as payroll, payments, online banking etc.
- QuickBooks Desktop activation on a new computer
- Password reset tool
- Services that require Intuit account credentials (One Intuit Identity – OII) such as My apps, secure webmail, contributed reports etc.
- Intuit Data Protect (IDP)
- Help pages
- Ordering checks and supplies
If you don’t have actual idea about the system requirements then can run the TLS 1.2 Readiness tool. This tool automatically updates your system to become TLS 1.2 compliant provided it meets all Windows Operating System, Internet Explorer and .NET requirements mentioned below:
To stay away from issues in such services, you need to be ensured that the following requirements are meeting and the QuickBooks software is updated to the latest version.
The OS needs to be Windows 7 or later. Appropriate operating systems include:
- Windows 7
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2016
You can visit the Microsoft website for purchase information and help with upgrading your operating system.
You might be using some other internet browser but QuickBooks uses the features of Internet Explorer. For result, you need to install the latest version Internet Explorer which is IE 11.
- Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Upgrade to IE 11.
- Reopen QuickBooks Desktop.
You need to install .NET version 4.5.2 or higher.
- Go to the official website of Microsoft and download the .NET Framework
- Run the installation file and follow the onscreen prompts.
- Restart your system after the process finishes.
Resolve TLS 1.2 Error
There can be situations when you may face some errors related to TLS 1.2 also, there are various modifications were done for resolving the TLS issues. If you are facing issues in TLS 1.2 or any other issue in the QuickBooks software then you need to get in touch with our technical support team instantly. To contact our certified ProAdvisors, you need to dial the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1-866-701-7446.