QuickBooks Point of Sale is an efficient program that allows you to follow sales, customers and inventory affectively and quickly. It was designed to meet all the business needs of the customers through various features and tools such as tracking inventories, tracking old purchases, sales etc. The POS software increases the transparency to the data with regular sales reporting and analytics feature. But sometimes, there can be some situations when the software encounters some errors. QuickBooks POS XML Documents Error is one such error that can appear while using the Point of Sale application.
When the error QB POS XML document appears while creating the invoice, it shows up with the below error messages:
Chances of problem in XML document (0, 0)
Error: Process fails to access file C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v(x)\SessionData.xml because some another process is handling the same file
Causes Behind The Error
The possible causes behind this XML error within QuickBooks are as given below:
- Damaged SessionData.xml file
- QuickBooks POS application Entitlement Client folder is damaged
Solutions For The Issue
Intuit has recommended three different solutions for this issue. You need to go for the solutions according to the reason. If you are not able to identify the root cause then you can perform all the steps sequence wise. Follow the below mentioned steps in order to fix the issue:
Solution 1: Rename Session Data
- Open the run command by pressing the Windows + R keys
- Type msc and then press Enter
- Right click on the Intuit Entitlement Service vX and click on Stop from the drop down list and close the window.
- Now display the hidden files and folders by going into the Folders and Search option
- Open the Windows Explorer and go to the following path: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\vX
- Right click on the SessionData.xml and rename it to OLDSessionData.xml
Solution 2: Rename The Entitlement Client Folder
Note: Before going on to the solutions, you need to display all the hidden files and folders.
Open the Windows Explorer and go to the below mentioned path to rename the Entitlement folder:
Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 and Vista: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v(x.x)
Rename the folder as:
- Version 12.0 to v8
- Version 2013 to v8
- Version 10.0 to v6
Solution 3: Repair QuickBooks POS Application
You need to make sure that the POS application is not running to repair an existing QB point of Sale installation. Follow the below steps:
- Open the Windows Explorer
- From the top of the window, click on Uninstall or change a program
- Choose the QuickBooks POS version and then click on Uninstall/Change
- The QB Point of Sale installation window will appear. Now click on Next button
- Click on Repair
- Once the configuration is complete, click on Finish
- Now open the QuickBooks Point of Sale software to ensure that the issue is resolved now.
Contact QuickBooks Experts For Support
The above mentioned three solutions are recommended by Intuit itself. However, if you could not fix the issue by following the steps or you are having any doubt in any of the steps then you can contact our QuickBooks POS Support Phone Number +1800-324-6955.