Intuit has just released the QuickBooks 2020 version that comes with so many new and interesting accounting features that makes accounting easier. However, there are some requirements for your system that needs to be fulfilled to run QuickBooks 2020 version properly. This article will provide you the complete information about what your system needs to run the best QuickBooks Desktop experience.
You can get the best experience in QuickBooks. Here, you can get helpful info about the operating system, hardware, software, and other requirements to use QuickBooks properly.
- Windows 10, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows 8.1 (Update 1), all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows 7 SP1, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed (only supported until January 2020)
- Windows Server 2019, and Essentials
- Windows Server 2016, and Essentials
- Windows Server 2012 R2, and Essentials
- Windows Server 2012, and Essentials
- Windows Small Business Server 2011, Standard and Essentials
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (only supported until January 2020)
Note: You are recommended to use Windows OS to run QuickBooks properly and do not use an emulator or virtual environment.
|Windows (natively installed)||
|Linux (when using QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions Database Server-only installation)||
Internet Explorer 11 (32-bit)
Hardware and Operating system requirements (client and server)
|Processor||2.4 GHz minimum|
|RAM||4GB minimum, 8GB Recommended
Note: Use the Solid State Drive to store your QuickBooks data files for best performance.
|Optical Drive||4X DVD-ROM drive required for CD installations (unless QuickBooks is downloaded from Intuit server).|
|Screen Resolution||Display optimized for 1280 x 1024 screen resolution or higher with up to 2 extended monitors.
Best optimized for Default DPI setting for a given computer.
Note: You should be having a strong internet connection.
QuickBooks can easily be integrated with so many third-party applications. Following list of apps can be used with QuickBooks Desktop:
Note: Additional RAM can enhance the use of these features.
- Microsoft Office:
- Office 2016 (including Outlook 2016) both on 32 and 64-bit.
- Office 2010 SP2, Office 2013 and 365 (For Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013 both) both on 32 and 64 bits. Note: Office 365 is only compatible for the local installation and not with the web version.
- Email Estimates, Invoices and other forms with Microsoft Outlook 2010-2016, Microsoft Outlook with Office 365, Gmail, Yahoo! Mail and Outlook.com, other SMTP-supporting e-mail clients.
- For creating or preparing letters, you require Microsoft Word 2016, 2013, or 2010 or Office 365 (includes 64-bit).
- To export reports, you require Microsoft Excel 2016, 2013, or 2010 SP2 or Office 365 (includes 64-bit).
- Contact Synchronization with Microsoft Outlook requires Outlook 2010 (32-bit).
- To sync QuickBooks with Outlook, you require QuickBooks contact sync for outlook (the download is available at no charge). Note: You may contact sync won’t work with the Microsoft Business Contact Manager Outlook plug-in. Syncing could cause duplicate records.
- QuickBooks Point of Sale V18.0 and V12.0
- TurboTax 2019, 2018 (Personal and Business)
- Lacerte 2019, 2018
- Pro-Series tax years 2018-2020 (For US only)
- Quicken 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016
- QuickBooks for Mac 2020, 2019, 2016
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: Business Planner, Payroll and viewing forms require Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 or later.
- Payroll and other online features and services require Internet access with at least a 56 Kbps connection speed (1 Mbps recommended). DSL or cable modem is recommended.
- Gmail, Yahoo Email, Windows Mail, Hotmail and AOL (i.e Mozilla Thunderbird Email Client*). Note: *Supports plain text version in Mozilla.
- Internet Explorer 11
Firewall and antivirus software compatibility
QuickBooks Pro 2020, Premier 2020, and Enterprise 20.0 are tested with the following firewall and antivirus programs.
Note: Sometimes, you may have to adjust a few of the settings in the following programs to get best performance for QuickBooks.
- Windows Server Firewall (all editions)
- Windows 8.1 Firewall (all editions)
- Windows 7 Firewall (all editions)
- Microsoft Security Essentials
Note: QuickBooks can work with systems running RAID (Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks) but it is not advised because your QuickBooks software may work slowly.
QuickBooks for Mac 2020
Minimum system requirements
- Minimum macOS 10.14 (Mohave); supported by macOS 10.14 (Mojave).
- Intel processor, Core 2 Duo or higher.
- Multiuser Server: Intel Core 2 Duo or higher processor to run a server.
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB RAM recommended).
- 250 MB of available disk space.
- CD/DVD drive or Internet connection for downloaded installation.
- Printer: 100% Macintosh-compatible printer, if you will be printing invoices, checks, deposit slips, lists, purchase orders, mailing labels, reports, or graphs.
- Checks: You can use Intuit Checks if you want to print checks. Canadian Image Ready Checks are not supported.
- Product registration required.
- Exporting report data: For this, you should have Apple Numbers v3.5, Microsoft Excel 2016 or later, including Mac Office 365.
- Emailing: For this, you should have Apple Mail, Microsoft Outlook 2016 or later, including Mac Office 365.
- Payment: For this, you should have Intuit Merchant Service if you are accepting credit or debit cards or both. You need to purchase the Merchant Service for QuickBooks for Mac separately. Debit card transactions are done as Signature Debit, and they don’t require any kind of PIN code.
- Payroll: The services that will work with your QuickBooks for MAC are as follow:
- Intuit QuickBooks Payroll for Mac
- Intuit Full-Service Payroll
- Top Pay from Aatrix
Note: You should have your EIN and a stable internet connection for Payroll for Mac. Printing checks and forms also require Adobe Reader and additional fees may apply.
- Mac apps: QuickBooks Desktop for Mac can be synced with Apple’s Calendar, Messages, and contacts.
- File conversion: QuickBooks for Mac 2020 supports:
- One-way conversion to QuickBooks Online
- One-way conversion from QuickBooks Desktop for Windows 2016 to 2019
- Two-way conversion from and to QuickBooks Desktop 2020.
- If the product requirements for hardware, software, firewall or antivirus for any other operating system then that OS hasn’t been tested yet. We can’t surely say that you will use QuickBooks 2020 properly or not.
- If you face any kind of issue outside the support versions, you will be provided the basic solutions. If the issue is still around, you will be taken back to the supported environment for further assistance.
- If Microsoft doesn’t support the product, then Intuit will also not support it for QuickBooks.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Desktop
Hopefully, you find this article helpful and you now have a clear idea about the system requirements for QuickBooks 2020 and Enterprise solution 20.0. If you fulfill these requirements, you will be able to use QuickBooks Desktop without any issue. If your operating system is not mentioned in this system requirement list, then it is possible that the QuickBooks 2020 is not yet testes on it and you can wait for some time. If you are facing any kind of issue while installing or using the 2020, you can contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1855-565-6250 and get your issues resolved instantly.