Quickly Resolve QuickBooks POS Socket Error Code 11004
QuickBooks Point of Sale is widely known for its user friendly interface that allows you to manage inventories, customers and boosts up your business growth. The software is enriched with so many features that allow a seamless management of your business. QuickBooks POS is also surrounded by some errors codes and error category. One such error category is Socket Error category and in this article, we will be providing you the solution of QuickBooks Socket Error Code 11004. This error usually occurs when you try to process a credit card or settle the credit card batch at the day end.
If we talk about the causes behind this error then this error occurs when the internet connection is not stable or not available. It can also occur if the POS update got damaged while installing the software.
How To Fix The Socket Error 11004
Before going on to the main solution steps, follow some of the suggested steps to fix the error:
- Restart your computer. Sometimes the error gets fixed by doing this.
- Reset your internet connection to the default settings and all the cord connections
- Set accurate date and time in your computer.
- Make sure that you are allowed to access secure web pages
- V9 users can try to set up multiple workstations.
Main steps to fix the error code 110044 in QuickBooks are as given below:
Solution 1: Verify Your Internet Connection Settings
- Verify The POS Communication Setup
- Open QuickBooks POS
- Click on the File menu, select the Preferences option and then click on Company
- Merchant & Gift Services > Communication Setup
- Follow the prompted steps
- Click on the Change to this computer
- Click Save and try again
- Adjust Your Communication Setup
- Go to the File menu, select the Preferences option and then click on Company
- Click on Merchant & Gift Services and then select Communication Setup
- Select Internet Connection Setup
- Select Use the following connection and click on other internet connection
- If you’ve selected it already then change it to use my computer’s internet connection settings.
- Click on Next and then click on Done
Solution 2: Refresh The Browser And Select Default Settings. (For IE 8 and later version users)
- Run the Internet Explorer
- Press ALT button from your keyboard
- Click on tools and then select Internet Option from the drop down list
- Click on OK.
Solution 3: Check Firewall Configuration For POS Credit Card Processing
If your computer is having firewall then make sure that the eftsvr.exe is having full access to the Internet and for incoming and outgoing traffic, port 8443 must be open.
The socket error 11004 can be fixed manually but some of the steps are a bit complex and requires technical knowledge. In that case you need to get in touch with the QuickBooks experts so that you can use QuickBooks POS again.
Support For QuickBooks Socket Error 11004
If you could not fix the 11004 error then you can call the QuickBooks Customer Support Phone Nu team or you can also email them your issue. However, if you are looking for an instant support for your issue then you can reach out to getsupportnumber.com technical support team. They are an independent support providing agency for QuickBooks. Just call them at their toll free number +1800-324-6955 and their highly experienced technical support team will assist you and provide you the best solution for your issues.