Scheduled Reports function was first introduced in QuickBooks version 2017. It basically helps you in sending reports on a regular basis. If you find it difficult to send the same report on daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly basis then you can set an automated scheduled report for this. You need to select the time and frequency to send the scheduled reports. This function also allows you to send multiple reports in a single schedule.
This article will provide you the steps to set up and modify schedule reports and it will also provide you some important information about this option. For detailed information and help, get in touch with QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1800-567-0425 toll-free.
|This blog series covers all the basic information regarding reports in QuickBooks Desktop.
Requirements For Scheduled Reports
You can send out your scheduled reports in QuickBooks if they are scheduled to send at the time:
- The system on which the scheduled report is set up should be running and it should not be in sleep or hibernate mode.
- UAC (User Account Control) should be disabled
Warning: Disabling or turning off UAC can put your system under risk.
- QuickBooks is running with administrator rights.
- Company file that contains scheduled report should be open.
- If scheduled reports are on multiple company files then none of the should be open.
- QuickBooks should be updated to the latest version.
- Company file should be in single-user mode.
- A valid email account should be setup up in QuickBooks.
- If you have set Outlook as your preference then it should be running on your system.
- Keep QuickBooks running for quick startups preference should not be enabled. Follow the steps to check it:
- From the main menu, go to Edit > Preferences.
- Click on General and then go to My Preferences
- Unmark the Keep QuickBooks running for quick startup
Note: You won’t have this preference if you are using QuickBooks 2018 or later version.
If there are multiple QuickBooks versions are installed in your system, then the sub-menu for Scheduled Reports will be not available or it’ll be grayed out.
Set Up A New Scheduled Report
A valid email account should be set and integrated with QuickBooks prior to scheduling the reports. If you haven’t done it then you can visit: Set up your email service in QuickBooks Desktop.
Follow the steps for creating a new scheduled report:
- From the main menu, go to Reports > Scheduled Reports > Schedule Setup.
- Choose the report that you want to send. You can choose more that one reports in a single schedule. Once you are done with selecting all required reports, click on
Important: You only can set up memorized reports to into scheduled reports. If the reports that you want to send are not available then you need to open those reports and memorize it first.
- Set up report schedule.
- Provide a name to your scheduled report
- Set the frequency in which you want send the report.
- Provide the Start date and Time. Also, you can also command QuickBooks to give you a notification 4 hours before it sends the reports.
- Click Next to move further.
- Compose scheduled reports email.
- Enter the email address to which you will be sending report. If you want to be sent to multiple email addresses then you can use a semicolon to separate them.
- Provide a password for the report attachments to keep your data secured. Don’t enter your password in subject, body or any other field of your mail for security reasons.
- Click on Schedule to complete the process.
- Make sure that the preferences are set up accurately.
- From the main menu, go to Edit > Preferences
- Click on Integrated Apps from the left pane and then go to Company Preferences
- Mark the Scheduled Reports box and then click on
- From the Access Rights tab, make sure that both permissions are selected.
- Click on
Edit Or Delete An Existing Scheduled Report
Perform the following steps to edit or delete an existing scheduled:
- From the main menu of QuickBooks, go to Reports > Scheduled Reports > Scheduled Report Center
- From the Action drop-down list, click on Edit Schedule or Delete as per your choice.
- If you want the Scheduled Report to be inactive then you need to unmark the Active Doing this will retain the schedule report settings but it won’t run until you enable it again.
Frequently Asked Questions
Que 1. Will scheduled reports send while I work in the company file?
Ans. Yes. The scheduled reports will be sent even if you are using or working on the QuickBooks company file. But you need to make sure that the file you are using is in single-user mode only because the reports won’t send if the files are set-up for multi-user mode.
Que 2. Can I turn off the password requirement for scheduled reports?
Ans. No. QuickBooks don’t provide you the option to disable password requirements for scheduled reports.
Que 3. Why are passwords required when setting up a scheduled report?
Ans. QuickBooks requires a password to keep your financial data secured. It is highly recommended to not to include the password for the report in any part of your e-mail.
Que 4. What format are reports sent out in?
Reports are sent out in .pdf format.
Que 5. What will happen if my report fails to send?
Ans. You will get a notification from QuickBooks when a report was failed to send. Scheduled reports will fail to send if at the scheduled time:
- The company file is running in multi-user mode.
- Multiple company files are open.
- Your system is in hibernation or sleep mode.
- You have set Outlook in email preferences but the Outlook is not running.
- You have enabled the option to Keep QuickBooks running for quick startups.
QuickBooks will keep on attempting to send failed reports every hour until successful.
Que 6. Will Scheduled Reports work in hosted environments?
Ans. Currently, the scheduled reports option is not available for hosted environments that have roaming profiles.
Que 7. Will Scheduled Reports work in multi-user environments?
Ans. No. Scheduled Reports option compatible with single user mode only. It is not designed to work in Multi-user Setup, Citrix or hosted environments.
Que 8. Why are my options for Scheduled Report grayed out?
If you have more than one edition of QuickBooks 2017 version installed in your system then the Scheduled Reports options will be grayed out. To ensure the availability of this option, you need to updated to the latest release.
Que 9. Are scheduled reports included in Accountant’s Copy files?
Ans. Yes. scheduled reports are included in Accountant’s Copy files. However, they will get turned off automatically and won’t send.
Contact Us @ +1800-567-0425 For Support
We hope that you find this article helpful for you and you are able to configure the Scheduled Reports option and manage it efficiently. However, sometimes the Scheduled Reports doesn’t send properly because some of the reports included in it are damaged. Resolving such issues can be a very hectic and complex task but you can do one thing. You can contact your accountants and seek help from them. If you are not able to do so then you can get I touch with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1800-567-0425 and get instant support for all your QuickBooks issues.