How To Restore QuickBooks Pro 2016 Backup File To New Computer?
QuickBooks accounting software is compatible with most of the computers out there but due to some issues in your system or any other reason, you may be want to use QuickBooks on a new system. If it is the case then you will have to create a backup of your QuickBooks company file in your older system and sync it to your new system so that you have all your important data and you can continue with your work from you left before. Hence, in this article we are going to discuss about the process of creating backup of your QuickBooks company file.
Create A Backup
- Insert a USB or a hard drive in your computer. You will restore your company backup file to your storage device.
- Open QuickBooks in your older system and create a backup.
- To do so, click on the File menu and then click on ‘Create a backup of your file’
- Now select ‘Local backup’ from the list
- Click on Options and you will be asked to select your USB port where you want to save your backup file.
- Select and then click on Next
- Finally, click on ‘Save your backup’ and the backup will be saved in your USB or hard drive
Restore Your Backup Company File
- To restore your backup file in new computer, connect the USB to the new computer.
- Now open QuickBooks and login to your account.
- Go to the Files menu and then click on the Restore Company File option
- Click on Restore backup option from the new window
- Select local backup option and your USB location window will appear.
- Select the file that you want to restore
- Click Open and then click on Next
- Now give your confirmation to QuickBooks that you want to restore the file into the newer versions or new computer.
- Tap on Yes and then save. Your QuickBooks file is now restored.
Get Connected For Support
By following above mentioned steps, you will be able to create a backup of your QuickBooks and you will be able to restore your company file to a new computer. However, if you are having any doubts or facing any kind of issue while backing up the QuickBooks file, get in touch with us at our QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1805-900-6410 toll free.