Have you create a backup of your company file but couldn’t restore that backup? Your problem seems to end here as we will be helping you out to restore a backup of your company file by following some basic guidelines provided by the Intuit itself.
You can also contact our QuickBooks ProAdvisors by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1805-900-6410 and get instant data services for your QuickBooks software.
Note: If you convert a company file to a later version then you won’t be supportive in an earlier version of QuickBooks.
Restore a backup company file
- Open QuickBooks and go to File > Open or Restore Company > Restore a backup copy
- Click on Next
- Select Local Backup and then Next
- Provide your preferred location to the backup file
- Select the backup file from the folder.
- Click on Open and then Next
- From the Save In drop-down, select the location where you want to save the restored file.
- Provide a name to file and select Save
- If you get a message on your screen, read it carefully and respond to it accordingly
- Click on No if at any time, you receive one of the following messages:
- [Filename].qbw already exists. Do you wish to replace it?
- You are choosing to overwrite an existing company file. Are you sure?
If you click on Yes then the restored file will overwrite or replace the existing file. You need to enter a temporary file name along with the .qbw file extension to avoid the overwriting. Once you are assured that the restored file is working properly and it is having the appropriate data then you can rename the file to the original file name.
If you are using Assisted Payroll then you may receive the following error message during the restoration of the file:
This QuickBooks file may be missing some of the payroll data that you have already sent to the Payroll Service. Before creating any new transactions, you need to restore the missing data by clicking Send Payroll Data from the Employees menu and then clicking the Send button.
You should click on Send only if the Items to Send field contains 0 paychecks for $0.00. In case, if there are transactions listed then you need to send duplicate transactions to the payroll service. You can contact QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number to make sure that how many items have already been sent.
Reset your password
The data won’t get restored if you could not enter the admin password correctly. If you’ve forget your credentials then you don’t have to worry! You can use the Automated Password Reset Tool or contact Intuit QuickBooks Support.
If you send a zero payroll then the missing payroll data will be restored in QuickBooks. (The missing payroll data excludes Deposit for Vendor or DD4V transactions)
QuickBooks Data Services
Follow the provided steps carefully in order to restore the backup company file. However, if you are facing any kind of issue during the process then you can get in touch with technical support team of Intuit. You just need to dial the toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Number +1805-900-6410 and the customer support team will be connected to you in no time and will start the restoration process on the go.