The QuickBooks Database Server Manager is one of the most important part of QuickBooks as it allows you to configure the QuickBooks software for multi-user access. It creates the network data files (.nd) for all the company files on the host computer. Sometimes due to several errors and issues, you may need to restart the QuickBooks Database Server Manager to resolve the issue. But the problem is that most of the users don’t know the process to restart it and they keep on facing the issue or sometimes the users perform the incorrect way to restart it and they get into more serious issues.
If you are also facing some issues and you want to restart the QuickBooks Database Server Manager then you have landed on the right page because this article will be helping you to restart the database server manager. You can also connect with us at our QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1800-324-6955 if you fell into an unrecoverable error because you performed incorrect process to restart the database server manager.
How To Restart the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
First of all, the Data Server Manager needs to be restarted on the system which is hosting the company files or you can say the server computer. You get the option to install the QuickBooks Database Server Manager only in the installation wizard of QuickBooks. If you’ve installed the full program in the server system then the Database Server Manager automatically gets started once you run the QuickBooks software.
If The Full QuickBooks Program Is Installed On The Host Or Server
- Open QuickBooks on the system which hosts the company files.
- Go to File > Open or Restore Company > Open a company file
- Click on Next.
- Browse your company file and click on it.
- Click on the Open file in multi-user mode checkbox
- Now, click on Open.
- Log into the company file using the appropriate user name and password.
- Go to File > Close Company/Log off to close the company file on the server.
If Only The QuickBooks Database Server Manager Is Installed On The Host Or Server
Follow the provided steps if only the QuickBooks Database Server Manager is installed on the server or if the previous method was not enough to solve your issue.
- Go to the Control Panel of your system.
- Double-tap on the Administrative Tools.
- Double-tap on the Services
- Now, right-click on the appropriate data manager:
- QuickBooksDB28 (QuickBooks 2018)
- QuickBooksDB27 (QuickBooks 2017)
- QuickBooksDB26 (QuickBooks 2016)
- Click on Restart.
If The QuickBooks Database Server Manager Does Not Start:
- Restart your server computer and perform the previous steps again as per your setup.
- If QuickBooks Database Server Manager still does not start even after restarting the server, perform the following:
- Repair QuickBooks installation
- Reinstall QuickBooks using a clean install
Technical Support For QuickBooks Database Manager
The provided steps will allow you to restart the QuickBooks Database Server Manager and then you will be able to resolve the multi-user issues that you were facing earlier. However, if you are still not able to restart QuickBooks Database Server manager then you can get in touch with the technical support department of Intuit by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Technical Support Phone Number +1800-324-6955 and get the technical support for your QuickBooks issues instantly.