Are you having trouble while printing paychecks or other important documents from QuickBooks? Read the full article to resolve the printing issues in your QuickBooks Desktop.
The printing issues can occur in your QuickBooks due to multiple reasons. In this article, we will be discussing about the printing issues in detail so that you can resolve all your printing issues.
Before you start troubleshooting
Make sure the following points before going on to the steps:
- Make sure you are using the latest version of QuickBooks
- Your computer should be connected to the printer properly.
- All the printer drivers should be installed properly
Resolve QuickBooks Printing Issues
Step 1: Check your printer
First of all, open the Notepad to make sure that your printer is printing properly outside of QuickBooks.
- Open the Notepad and type anything on it.
- Now, go to File and click on Print
- If the test is successful then you need to go to the third step and if not then move on to the second step.
Step 2: If that didn’t work, try…
- Turn off the printer, restart your system and turn the printer on again
- Ensure the papers are loaded properly in the printer
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Printers and Faxes
- If you see the printer status Offline then right-click on the printer and select Use Printer Online from the drop-down list.
- Double-click on the printer and if you see any printer job in the queue, select Printer and then click on Cancel All Documents.
- Close the window
- Now, right-click on the printer and select Properties
- Click on Printer Test Page
If the issue is still around then try the following things:
- Make sure that all the printer drivers are updated to the latest release. You can go to the manufacturer’s website to install the latest versions.
- Make sure that there is no error or issue in the printer itself.
- Contact your manufacturer’s support number if you get the following issues:
- The printer displays error indications.
- The printer will not print the test page.
- The printer doesn’t print from Notepad.
Step 3: If that did work, try this…
Run the Repair tool
If you were able to print from notepad then you need to run the QuickBooks Print and PDF Repair Tool. This tool helps you in fixing almost every issue related to the printing processes.
Rename the file
If the repair tool couldn’t resolve the issue then you need to follow the below mentioned steps:
- Locate the QBPrint.qbp
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 and Vista: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 20xx (20xx represents the version of your QuickBooks.)
- Server 2008 and Server 2012: C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks YEAR and C:\Users\**remote user**\AppData\Roaming\Intuit\ YEAR VERSION\TSPrinterSettings
Note: Terminal Service users report finding duplicate copies of the Qbprint.qbp file with the stored client data files; double check all folders for odd instances.
Tip: You might need to Display hidden files and folders or search for files using Windows to locate these files in your system.
- Go to the location of the file and right-click the qbp file for your QuickBooks version.
- Click on Rename from the drop-down list and add the word old to the file name (i.e. QBPrint.qbp.old)
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop.
- From the File menu, click on Printer Setup.
- Click on any transaction from the Form Name list and then select OK. This will create a new QBprint.qbp file.
Note: You don’t have to do this for every transaction.
- Try to open and print any transaction.
Step 4: If none of the above works verify the printer is the correct one
Still not printing? Verify that the printer is the correct one.
- Open QuickBooks and go to the File menu
- Select the Printer Setup
- Select the form you are trying to print.
- Make sure that the printer name in your system is exactly same as the printer you are trying to use. If not, then you need to correct the printer setup in your system.
- Click on Help in this section to get a detailed instruction on these settings.
- Try to print the same document using a different printer in the Printer Setup
- Open QuickBooks and go to File and then Printer Setup
- Select the form that you want to print
- Select another printer from the list
- Select Help for a detailed instructions about these settings.
- Try to print another form or if you use a customized form or memorized report then you need to try a standard form or report.
- If you were printing a batch of forms in QuickBooks, try to print a single form. If you are able to do so then try to print small batches.
- Open a QuickBooks sample file and try to print same type of form or report. If it was successful then you need to resolve data damages on your company file in order to resolve any data damage in your file
- Go to Selective Startup Mode. If the issue persists, then you need to Reinstall QuickBooks for Windows using a clean install.
Step 5: Still not printing? Try these additional solutions
Is the printer local or on a network?
- Local: The issue can also occur within your computer or printer. Make sure that the connection between the computer and printer is appropriate. You can contact your printer manufacturer’s troubleshooting for further help.
- Network: Make sure that the network settings are configured properly. You can contact your printer manufacturer’s troubleshooting for further help.
Do you have a status monitor running?
Is the status monitor set to appear when you print or only when errors occur?
- If Yes: Change the setting for the status monitor so it appears only when there is an error.
- Review the spool path information and change settings to RAW.
- If No: Go on to next step.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Printing Issues
The above mentioned steps will help you in resolving the printing issues in your QuickBooks software. However, if you keep on facing the same issue and you can’t use the printing function of QuickBooks then at last we will recommend you to get in touch with the QuickBooks ProAdvisors of Intuit. For this, you can dial the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-386-0425 and the technical support department will be connected to you in no time.