QuickBooks is one of the best and widely appreciated accounting software for small and medium-sized businesses. However, to use the functionalities of this software, that first step is to install it in your system. But, it is reported that so many users are facing installation errors while installing, uninstalling or reinstalling the QuickBooks software. These installation errors restrict you from installing the software in your system. There can be various reasons due to which these errors can occur but the most common causes that we have identified is the damaged QuickBooks files. Your QuickBooks software may throw an installation error if you are trying to install the software using damaged installation files. You may face the following error messages while installing the QuickBooks software:
- QuickBooks Error 1935
- QuickBooks Error 1920
- QuickBooks Error 1723
- QuickBooks Error 1712
- QuickBooks Error 1603
This article will help you in resolving the installation errors by deleting damaged QuickBooks files. You can also contact the QuickBooks Support if you want an instant resolution of your QuickBooks installation issues.
A license number and a product number is required to activate QuickBooks after its installations. The QuickBooks won’t get activated or open if the encrypted file contains the damaged information.
However, most of the time these error gets resolved by deleting the entitlement file and re-entering your license and product information. We’ll provide you the procedure to resolve the installation issues by deleting damaged data files.
Common Errors That Can Be Fixed By Deleting Entitlement File
Deleting the entitlement file can be helpful for you in resolving the following errors:
- “Error: The validation code is incorrect or the service is temporarily unavailable when activating.”
- “Error 3371: Could not initialize license properties.”
- “Message: You cannot use Online Banking because QuickBooks is not registered.”
- “You must subscribe to accountant’s copy file transfer service” appears after you subscribe and sync.
- Error re-configuring your edition of QuickBooks.
- Sync License Data Online is grayed out and unclickable.
- Edit List link isn’t in No Company Open window.
Delete the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file
- Close QuickBooks Desktop and all its related processes by using the Task Manager.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open the Task Manager. For Windows 10 users: Click on More Details to open Task Manager
- Navigate to the Processes
- Alphabetically sort the processes by clicking on Process Name.
- End the following processes.
- Any remaining process that starts with QB
Go to the folder that stores the entitlement data for your Windows Operating System and version of QuickBooks.
- Press the Windows + R to open the run command
- Type C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6) in the search box and hit Enter. (The folder location is the same for all QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise versions.)
- Right-tap on the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file
- Click on Delete from the drop-down list.
- Click on Yes to confirmation box that asks are you really want to delete the file.
- Open QuickBooks company file and follow the onscreen prompts to register the application.
|Note: If you also use QuickBooks Point of Sale then you will also required to re-register the program because QuickBooks Point of Sale also uses the same EntitlementDataStore.ecml file as QuickBooks Desktop.|
Technical Support For QuickBooks Installation Issues
Hopefully, deleting the damaged QuickBooks files allowed you to resolve the QuickBooks installation issues and now you can work on your accounts without any hindrance. As we have already said, most of the installation issues are caused by some damaged files that create hindrance in between the installation process. However, if you still face the same installation error then we recommend you to download and utilize the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool that deals with all the installation errors and issues in QuickBooks software.
If all the efforts couldn’t resolved the issues for you and you are not able to use QuickBooks then we recommend you to get in touch with the QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-567-0425 and avail the technical support services for your QuickBooks installation errors instantly.