This article will help you to resolve bank feeds system exception errors, System.Argument.Exception and System.TypeInitializationException. These errors can pop up while working on QuickBooks Bank Feeds.
You may get multiple errors while working or accessing the Bank Feeds Center. Following error can pop on your screen:
System.Argument.ExceptionSmiley Tonguearameter is not valid.
- at System.Drawing.Image.FromStream(Stream stream, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement, Boolean validateImageData)
- at System.Drawing.Image.fromStream(Stream stream)
- at System.Windows.Forms.PictureBox.Load()
- at System.Windows.Forms.PcitureBox.set_ImageLocation(String value)
- at OLB_ Workflow.UICtrl_OLBWorkflow.SetILogo(String strFILogoPath)
System.ArgumentOutOfRange.Exception: Index was out of range.
The error can occur when:
- Damaged payee, vendor or rule
- There are some special characters (!@#$%^&*) in the vendor or payee name.
- A Microsoft component installed in your system is having some issues.
There are multiple ways to resolve this issue. Though there are chances that the first step may resolve the issue, or you may have to perform all the steps in order to resolve the same. You are recommended to perform the steps in the provided sequence.
Solution 1: Check Vendor Names For Special Characters
- Go to Vendors > Vendor Center.
- Select the default Active Vendor drop-down and then click on All Vendors.
- Check if the Vendor name has any special characters (!@#$%^&*), specifically the ampersand (&).
- Remove the special characters and rename “&” to “and”
- Save changes.
Solution 2: Switch To The Classic (Register) Mode
- Go to Edit > Preferences
- Select Checking and then navigate to the Company Preferences
- From the the Bank Feeds section, select Classic Mode (Register Mode).
- Select OK.
If you added/matched in classic mode and didn’t receive any error then this means that the issue is not with the bank but and a downloaded transaction or a damaged rule, vendor/payee or Microsoft component may be the reason behind the error. In such situations, proceed to Solution 3.
Solution 3: Restart Computer And Try To Access Bank Statement Again
- Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Restart computer.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Access Bank Feeds Center and try to open and download your bank statement.
Solution 4: Review The QBWin.log For Error Messages
While checking QBWin.log, check the most recent entries. If there are some errors, you need to resolve data damage on your company file.
Solution 5: Fix Microsoft Component Issues
Fix Microsoft .NET Framework, MSXML, and C++ issues using the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Solution 6: Resolve QuickBooks Banking Errors
Refer to resolve Bank Feeds issues and errors, including OL and OLSU errors for additional solutions.
Solution 7: Reinstall QuickBooks software
Reinstall the QuickBooks software using a clean install
You tried to connect with the Bank Feeds and you get the following error message:
“System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for ‘OLB_Center.WPF.Model.FIBluePrintParser’ threw an exception. —> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path ‘C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 2014\components\olb\branding\filist\fiblueprint.xml’ is denied.”
The problem can occur when the QuickBooks Desktop couldn’t access the fiblueprint.xml file because the permissions are restricted for this file. You may get this error in a Hosted Terminal Services or Citrix environment.
Follow the below-mentioned steps in order to follow the error:
Solution 1: Grant The Appropriate User Permissions To The C:\ProgramData Folder (With Subfolders And Files).
- Login with appropriate permissions
- Navigate to the folder where the file is stored.
- QuickBooks Pro/Premier/Accountant: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 201X\components\olb\branding\filist\
(Note: Replace the ‘X’ with the year of QuickBooks Desktop you are using).
- QuickBooks Enterprise: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 1X.0\components\olb\branding\filist\
- Open the fiblueprint.xml file to check if the permissions are appropriate.
- If the fiblueprint.xml file couldn’t be accessed after double-clicking then you need to restart the QuickBooks Desktop
- If the file couldn’t be opened manually then you have to provide then User full access to the C:\ProgramData folder for the current user.
- Right-click anywhere inside the “filist” folder.
- Go to Properties > Security tab > Edit.
- Under the Group or user names section, click on Everyone.
- Mark the Full Control box in the Allow
- Select OK in the Edit window and then again click on OK in the Properties window.
- Close QuickBooks and then restart your system
Note: If you can’t set up folder and windows access permissions for this folder then you will have to contact an IT professional or with their hosting provider to update these permissions.
Solution 2: Fix Microsoft .NET Framework, MSXML, And C++ Issues Using The QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
You need to Fix Microsoft .NET Framework, MSXML, and C++ issues using the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Solution 3: Reinstall QuickBooks For Windows Using Clean Install
Uninstall the QuickBooks software by going into to control panel and then install the QuickBooks software using clean install. If the error still persists then you may have to contact the QuickBooks Support department of Intuit.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Bank Feeds Issues
The provided methods will allow you to get rid of the common System Exception errors, System.Argument.Exception and System.TypeInitializationException that occurs when you work on QuickBooks Desktop Bank Feeds. However, if you are still in the trouble and the error is still around then we recommend you to get connected with the QuickBooks Technical Support Number +1800-324-6955 to resolve the issues that are occurring in your QuickBooks software.