Your company file’s name basically depends on what you set up while creating it. However, there can be situations when you may have to change the name of your company file and some possible scenarios in which you may require to rename your company file are as follow:
- You misspelled or used incorrect name while creating the company file.
- The name of your company file was changed, and you want your company file to show the change.
How To Rename Your QuickBooks Desktop Company File?
- Create a backup of your QuickBooks company file.
- Locate the folder where your QuickBooks Company File is located.
- Open QuickBooks and from the Home page, press F2 or CTRL + 1 to open the Product Information window.
- Note down the location mentioned in the File Information field.
- Open the Windows Explorer by pressing Windows + E keys and navigate to the folder mentioned on the Product Information window.
- Locate and right-click on your QuickBooks Company File.
- Select Rename from the drop-down options. The file name can be visible as [CompanyName].qbw or just [CompanyName].
- Change your company file name as required and hit enter.
- Click on Yes to the confirmation message.
Set Up QuickBooks Desktop To Use The New Company File Name
- Open QuickBooks and from the main menu, go to File > Open or restore an existing company.
- Choose Open a company file and then select Next.
- Select the company file that you’ve renamed recently and then click on Open.
Note: If you use QuickBooks in multi-user mode, you will have to open the renamed company file on each workstation.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Desktop
This article should be helpful for you and you should be able to Rename your QuickBooks Company File without any kind of issue. However, if you are not able to rename your company file by the provided means, it might be possible that there are some issues with your QuickBooks Company File. You can use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to resolve basic data damage issues in QuickBooks Company Files. If the issue is still around, you can use the Verify and Rebuild Utility as well.
If you keep on facing issues in your company file while changing the name of your company file, you can contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-567-0425 to get instant QuickBooks support.