QuickBooks comes up with a feature called Auto Data Recovery that allows you to recover your lost or corrupted data. Intuit introduces ADR for in the first time with QuickBooks 2012 and QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 13.0 R4.
Intuit data services allow you to recover your data most of the time but process is a bit time taken and when you try to recover your data, you won’t be able to use QuickBooks for few days. However, using the ADR can make this process faster and much more risk free. We recommend you to use ADR only if you’ve tried other troubleshooting steps to restore the lost data.
ADR allows you to recover your lost files through:
- Restoring lost or missed transactions through the current Transaction Log file and a clone of your QuickBooks company file.
- Restoring the last few transactions with a copy of the company file and transaction log file.
Recover Recent Transactions Using The Original .TLG File With .QBW.adr File
To recover all the recent transactions, you need to use the original Transaction Log file and ADR version of the company file.
- Go to your Desktop and create a new folder there and name it QBTest.
- Navigate to the folder location where the company file is located.
Tip: To check the location of your company file, you need to open QuickBooks and press the F2 key which will open the Product Information window.
- Locate the .tlg file from the folder. This file has the same name as your company file but with a different file extension
- You can follow the below-mentioned steps in order to locate the .tlg file:
- Press Windows + E to open the Windows Explorer
- Go to Organize and then select the Folder and search options.
- Click on Hide extensions for known file types.
- Click on Apply & OK to save changes.
- Create a copy of your QuickBooks company file and paste it to the QBTest
- Navigate to the QuickBooksAutoDataRecovery folder which can be found in the same location as your company file.
- Copy the .QBW.adr by pressing CTRL + C and paste it to the QBTest Folder by pressing CTRL + V.
- Now, rename the .QBW.adr file from the QBTest folder and to do so, right-click on the file and select Rename from the drop-down.
- Remove .adr at the end of the file
- Open the QuickBooks software.
- Open the company file from the QBTest folder. To make sure that all the transactions are available, you can use to account register.
- You need to verify and rebuild your data by going into File > Utilities > Verify Data to make sure that the recovered data integrity is healthy.
- If company file is ok then you can move the damaged company file to another folder and move the copy from the QBTest folder to the actual folder.
Recover Recent Transactions Using .QBW.adr And .TLG.adr Files
By this process, the ADR version of both the company files and the transaction files will get optimized:
- Copy the company file and paste it to the QBTest
- Open the QuickBooksAutoDataRecovery folder
Note: Open QuickBooks and press the F2 key when the QuickBooks to open the Product Information window. It will tell you the location of your company file.
- Locate the .TLG.adr and .QBW.adr files from the folder.
- If the .TLG.adr and .QBW.adr files couldn’t be identified then you can perform these to show file extensions.
- Open the Windows Explorer
- From Organize section go to the Folder and search options.
- For Windows 10, 8.1 & 8 users: Go to View > File name extension.
- Click on Hide extensions for known file types
- Click on Apply & OK to save changes
- Copy and paste the .TLG.adr and .QBW.adr files to the QBTest
- On your QBTest folder, rename both the files and remove the .adr extension from the end of the file name. Doing this will make a .qbw & .tlg file in the QBTest
- Run QuickBooks and open the company file from the QBTest You can use your account register to verify all transactions are there.
- From the main menu of QuickBooks, go to File > Utilities > Verify Data to check the integrity of the company file.
- If the integrity of the company file is good then you can move the corrupted damage company to another folder and move the copy from the QBTest folder into the actual folder.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Data Damage Issues
Resolving data damage of your company files can be a bit longer and complex process. We recommend you to use Intuit Data Protect to create backup of your data on a regular basis. However, if you are not able to restore your data then we recommend you to get in touch with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Technical Support Phone Number +1888-396-0208 to get instant support for your data damage issues.