QuickBooks Desktop is undoubtedly one of the best accounting software as it comes with so many important accounting features and tools. QuickBooks Bank Feeds is most important feature that allows you manage your bank account transactions directly from QuickBooks software. However, there can be situations when you may have to re-brand or reset an account associated with QuickBooks Bank Feeds for resolving some banking errors such as bank feeds errors or unexpected results.
In this article, we will be providing the steps to Re-brand or reset accounts for Bank Feeds access in QuickBooks Desktop. However, before moving to the solutions, ensure that you have backed up your QuickBooks company file as well.
Solution 1: Re-brand Online Banking Files
Whenever you send and receive transactions from the Bank Feeds Center, the financial institutions directory (FiDir) in QuickBooks is updated automatically.
Solution 2: Deactivate, Create New, Merge, Reactivate
Reset your account for online access to identify the possible account issue.
- Deactivate Bank Feeds for an account
- Create a new bank account.
- From the main menu, go to List > Chart of Accounts.
- Now, right-click anywhere on the Chart of Account screen and click on New from the drop-down options.
- For the Account Type, select Bank.
- Provide the bank’s name under the Account Name field.
- Click on Save & Close.
- Merge two or more accounts by changing name the previous account with the new account name.
- Right-tap on the old account and click on Edit.
- Enter the name of the new account under the Account Name field.
- Click on Yes to the warning message.
- Set up the merged account for Bank Feeds.
Solution 3: Create a dummy company file for testing online transaction downloads
- From the main menu, go to File and select New Company.
- Choose Express Start.
- Now, add the bank account that was facing issues to the Chart of Accounts on the newly created test company.
- Set up the account for Bank Feeds.
- Test the account by downloading bank feed transactions.
If transactions download in the new file: The previous or original account is damaged and you need to Resolve data damage on your company file.
If you experience the same problem in the new file: Contact your financial institution to connect with your Financial Institution for help.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Desktop
Following the given steps should be helpful for you in re-banding or resetting accounts for Bank Feeds access. However, you may find some difficulties during the process if you don’t have proper knowledge about the Bank Feeds feature. In such cases, you can connect with our technical assistance team by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1805-900-6410 instantly.