QuickBooks Desktop allows you to send your forms, reports, invoices and other transactions via email service in QuickBooks. However, so many users have faced a common issue when they try to send log in their email account into QuickBooks. Users keep getting an error message that says tour email or password is incorrect.
If you are also facing this issue while logging into your account from QuickBooks and looking to resolve it manually then this article can be very helpful for you as we are going to discuss about the solution steps of this issue. However, you can also get in touch with us at our QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1888-346-0234 to get an instant resolution for your QuickBooks issues.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Not Accepting Mail Password Issue?
The steps provided in this article can be performed for those users who use Gmail or Yahoo email service or RightNetwork server for QuickBooks Desktop. If you require any kind of assistance in setting up other webmail accounts then you can see Set up your email service in QuickBooks Desktop.
If You Are Using Gmail
You might be facing issues with your Gmail account when it blocks sign-in attempts to your Google Account. You have to give access to less secure apps and disable 2-step verification for QuickBooks in order to get appropriate permissions to send emails from QuickBooks.
- Perform the provided steps to enable access for less secure apps. Quick tip: You domain admin can lock access for less secure apps in your account. You can learn to allow less secure apps to access your account by following the steps provided in the article: Allowing less secure apps to access accounts.
- Log in to your Google account and navigate to the Account Page to turn off 2-step verification.
- You also need to allow a new device or application access.
For more information about the Gmail login issues in QuickBooks software, you can visit Gmail not working in QuickBooks Desktop.
If You Are Using Yahoo! Mail
2 step verification in Yahoo! Mail was recently implemented to make it more secured. Now, this verification generates a random password which is sent to your registered phone number. You need to enter it into QuickBooks whenever you are asked to enter a password in QuickBooks while sending emails. You may also allow access for less secure apps.
- Navigate to the Yahoo Account Security page and go to Two-verification.
- Now, allow apps that are using less secure sign in section and Turn on both features.
- Follow the steps provided under Generate third-party app passwords to generate a one-time password. You will be prompted to select the App, select Other App and give it a name.
- Try to send email through QuickBooks again.
- Enter the one time password that you received. Note: This password can only be used once.
- Click on OK.
If You Are Using AOL
AOL requires to use a generated password when you try to access it through third-party email app and then it also uses 2 – step verification to prevent any security threat.
- Sign in to your account and the go to the Account security page
- Sign in to your account again if prompted and then click on the Generate app password.
Note: If this option is not available then you have to enable 2-step verifaction.
- From the drop-down list, select QuickBooks and then click on
- Follow the onscreen instructions to use the app and then click on Done.
If You Are Using QuickBooks In RightNetworks
Navigate to the website of your email service provider and then sign into your account. Now, finish the MFA request in RightNetworks. In case if a browser is unavailable then you need to contact RightNetworks and get it added to your desktop.
Users With Anti-virus
Ask your antivirus manufacturer for instructions about how to allow communication through the following ports:
- Yahoo!: port 465
- Gmail, Hotmail, and others: port 587
For McAfee antivirus users
- Go to Start > All Program > VirusScan Console
- Now, double-click on Access Protection.
- Click on an appropriate Port Blocking rule and then click on
Example: Anti-virus Standard Protection, Prevent mass mailing worms from sending mail
- Now, you need to add the following processes to the Excluded Process list:
- QBW32.exe – C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks [year]\QBW32.exe
- QBDBMGRN.exe – C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks [year]\QBDBMgrN.exe
- QBDBMGR.exe – C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks [year]\QBDBMgr.exe
- Click on OK to close the Access Protection Properties
- Close VirusScan Console as well.
- Now, run QuickBooks and try to send an email through QuickBooks again.
Reach Us For Support
The provided solution steps in this article should allow you to resolve the email issues related to login in QuickBooks. You can easily resolve the issue by following these steps. However, in case if you couldn’t resolve the error manually or you have any doubt in any of the step then you can get in touch with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-346-0234 and get an instant resolution for all your QuickBooks issues.