How To Resolve The QuickBooks POS Unexpected Error
QuickBooks POS application designed by Intuit is a powerful point of sale system which is integrated with QuickBooks accounting software. It provides you the feature of tracking inventory, employee management, sales report etc. It assures you to provide real-time tracking sales and purchases and it is compatible with most of the latest tools that can be easily operated by a user who does not have a proper technical knowledge. However, like any other software, it can’t be stated as an error free application. It is surrounded by some error that can hinder your work. One such error that users may face is the unexpected error that can occur while opening the software.
Unexpected error can be called an error category because there are different error codes that falls under it. Basically, unexpected errors indicates that the error message that the user confronts with while trying to run the program. We have mentioned some possible unexpected messages that can occur while accessing the software:
- Error Message: Due to invocation exception was thrown off the target.
- Error 100 database server not found “08w01”
- Unexpected error occurred: Please restart POS. Exception from HRESULT: 0x88980406.
- Unexpected error occurred. The error is: Value cannot be null. Parameter: s.
- Initialization for configuration system has failed.
- 1766120 Error – Status: Invalid License Key, Key Denied.
- Unable to access the application through Point of Sale symbol.
- Error Message: QBPOSShell has stopped working
Causes Of These Unexpected Errors
The unexpected error can be resulted due to various technical faults. We have identified some of the main causes behind this error which are given below:
- System requirements are not matching
- QB Point of Sale Database Manager issues
- Installation of .Net framework was either damaged or corrupt
- Low system resources of the desktop
How To Fix The Unexpected Errors?
To fix the error, Intuit has recommended four major solutions that you need to attempt. You need to perform the solution steps sequence wise for a better result. Before going on the solution, make sure that your computer fulfills the requirements to run QuickBooks POS software. If not then upgrade your system configuration first.
Solution 1: All POS Updates Should Be Install In Your System
Before installing the POS updates, change the name of the entitlement client folder.
- Head to the product updates page
- As your product, choose Point of Sale
- Follow the instruction and install them manually
- Once the updates are successfully installed, restart your computer.
Solution 2: Check Your System Configuration And Make Sure That It Fulfills the POS System Requirements.
Check the minimum RAM requirements for your Point of Sale version. To do so, follow the below steps:
- Go to the Start menu
- Right-click on Computer
- Click on the Properties option from the list
- Check the current RAM of your computer
If there is insufficient memory in your system then you need to upgrade your RAM. Consult a computer professional for this. If the RAM is sufficient in your system then you need to go to the next solution.
Solution 3: Run The Microsoft Component Clean-up Tool
If the clean-up tool detect any issue with Microsoft features POS. It will automatically fix the following Microsoft component:
- Visual C++
- .NET Framework
Solution 4: Create A New Windows User
- Click on Start > type User Accounts and then press the Enter key.
- Click on Manage User accounts and then select Manage another account
- Now click on create a new account and provide a name of test
- Select Administrator for user type.
- Log off Windows and then log in to the new user and run the POS application again.
Solution 5: Restart QBPOSShell And Troubleshoot Compatibility
- Turn off POS software completely. Including the background processes.
- To close background processes, open Task Manager
- Go to the Processes tab
- Locate and click QBPOSShell.exe and then click on End Process
Connect With The QuickBooks POS Support
By following the above five mentioned steps, you should resolve the issue on your own and start working on the software again. However, if the error still persist and you are looking for an instant support then you can get in touch with the QuickBooks Technical Support team of getsupportnumber.com. They are able to provide you instant solutions for all your QuickBooks issue. You can get connected with their Intuit certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors by dialing their toll free helpline number +1805-900-6410.