QuickBooks Desktop comes with a bunch of important accounting tools that makes accounting easy. QuickBooks works best with the Windows OS. It requires various Windows components and drivers to run properly. These components are mandatory to run QuickBooks and absence of these components may lead to some errors in QuickBooks Desktop. One such error is the QuickBooks Runtime Error Visual C++ that occurs if the Microsoft Visual C++ randomly stops working. This is a common runtime error that crashes the current QuickBooks window. It is also known as the “Microsoft Visual C++ error Library Runtime Error”.
You get this runtime error when two or more programs clash with each other. However, some of the most common scenarios for QuickBooks Runtime Error Visual C++ are as follow:
- Setting up QuickBooks Desktop Payroll.
- Performing QuickBooks Payroll scan or checkup.
- Emailing pay stubs through QuickBooks Desktop.
Note: To run QuickBooks smoothly, it requires the Visual C++ installed in your system. If your system doesn’t have the Microsoft Visual C++ installed, QuickBooks will try to install it on its own. However, if the exisiting installation is damaged, you need to reinstall it.
How To QuickBooks Runtime Error Visual C++?
You need to perform the steps provided in this section of the article in order to tackle QuickBooks Runtime Error Visual C++:
If Error Occurs While Payroll Setup
- Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run command.
- Type msconfig in the search box and hit enter or click on OK.
- Go to the System Configuration Utility window and then navigate to the General tab.
- Click on Selective Startup.
- Now, put a check mark on the Load Startup Items and then select OK.
- Perform a system reboot and then open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Try to complete the Payroll setup in QuickBooks Desktop.
- You need to perform the first four steps again.
- Press Ctrl + R to open the Run Command window.
- Type msconfig in the search field and click on OK option.
- From the General tab, choose the selective startup, Load system services and Load startup items.
- Go to Services tab.
- Choose Hide all Microsoft Services.
- Click on Disable all options now.
- Clear the checkbox for Hide all Microsoft Services.
- Verify that the service list is up to date and make sure the Windows Install checkbox is selected. If not, mark it and then select OK.
- Click on the Restart option from the System Configuration screen.
- Try reinstalling QuickBooks Desktop.
- Once you are done with above steps, you need to reinstall QuickBooks Desktop in Selective Startup:
- Open the Run command by pressing Windows + R keys.
- Now, type msconfig again in the search box and hit enter.
- Navigate to the General tab and select Normal Startup.
- Click on OK.
- From the System Configuration window, click on Restart.
Reach Us For QuickBooks Support
The provided solutions should allow you to resolve the QuickBooks Runtime Error Visual C++. You should now be able to work on your QuickBooks Desktop without any difficulty. However, if you keep on facing the same error again, you can connect with our technical assistance team by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-324-6955 to get instant help for all your errors and issues.