Point of Sale is one of the most important parts of QuickBooks but it is not an easy application because it has so many errors that can create hindrance while you are working. QuickBooks POS client cannot connect to server is one such error that can come across and you might find it hard to resolve this error.
QuickBooks POS is retail software that comes with hardware application. This software allows you to integrate some other software like Payroll, QuickBooks and other. QuickBooks POS comes in three versions i.e. Basic, Pro and Multi-Store. You might be getting this error due to the multi-user error you get the following error message:
Error: Elaborate the Company Data File & the Server
You can get in touch with QuickBooks POS Support team if you come across any kind of error while working on POS.
Causes Of This Error
- Server is not set for multi-user mode
- Window Firewall or other third party application is restricting the network.
- Network connection issues
- Dynamic IP is in use.
- Improper configuration for Network sharing and folder permission.
We have mentioned some important tips that you need to keep in mind while fixing this QuickBooks POS error:
- Ensure the system requirements
- Reboot your system and server
- Go through each and every port and restart all the connections
- Ensure the client workstation connection which is connected to the LAN and the Server. Make sure that the communication between them is proper.
- You should be using your computer as an Administrator.
In this article, we have provided three different methods to solve QuickBooks POS Client Cannot Connect to Server error:
Solution 1: Set your server to multi user mode
- Open the QuickBooks POS application and click on the File menu
- From the drop-down list, click on Switch Company File to Multi-User Mode
- Restart the QuickBooks POS application to make sure that the error is resolved or not.
Solution 2: Network discover option is to be turned on
- Open the Control Panel
- Go to the Network and Sharing Center option
- Click on the Change advanced sharing setting
- Enlarge your network profile
- Click on Turn on from the Network Discovery
- Click on the All Networks option from setting option
- Head to the Protected Sharing pan and click on the Turn off Protected Sharing
- Close the window and restart your computer
Solution 3: Renaming the WSActivity Files
- Locate the folder where the WSActivity file is stored
- Right click on the file and rename it to OLDWSActivity
- Close all your QuickBooks POS application and open it again.
Reach Us For Support
By following the mentioned steps, you will be able to solve the QuickBooks POS Client Cannot Connect to Server error. However, if the error still persists, then you can dial our QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1-866-701-7446 and get instant support.