QuickBooks Point of Sale is a highly recommended retail accounting software. It comes with a user-friendly interface and various important features that helps you in managing day to day transactions with ease. Along with so many advantages, there are some disadvantages as well. One of them is the errors you face while working on the QuickBooks POS software. There are a number of errors in QuickBooks POS that you can face in QuickBooks POS. Most of the time the error occurs during the financial exchange. QuickBooks Error 181016 is one such error that basically restricts the financial exchange process. If you are also going through the QuickBooks POS Error 181016, this is the best platform where you will get all required information regarding the solution of this error.
You are supposed to perform the step provided in this article in order to resolve QuickBooks POS Error 181016. In case you need any kind of help or assistance, feel free to get connected with our QuickBooks POS Support department.
Causes of QuickBooks Point of Sale Error 181016
When you are working on QuickBooks POS solution and you come across this error, then you will receive the following error message:
Error: 181016 “Problem could not open the QuickBooks Point of Sale data: [company name].”
Error: 181016 “Problem could not create company: [Company Name]”.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 181016
The above mentioned error message usually occurs because two or more company file have similar names. It can also be caused because of some misconfigured firewall settings. In the following list, we have discussed some of the major causes due to which you may come across the error code 181016.
- You are not logged into the system with admin rights.
- Your QuickBooks Company File is damaged.
- The folder that stores your company file is either damaged or is too deep that QuickBooks couldn’t reach there.
- Firewall settings are restricting the Financial Exchange process.
- Disabled or damaged system TCP/IP.
How To Resolve QuickBooks POS Error 181016?
Follow the steps mentioned below to resolve the POS Error Code:
- Close all the running programs including QuickBooks POS and then restart your computer.
- Sign into the system as an administrator.
- Run QuickBooks Desktop.
- Perform the following steps to check if there are some issues with your data files or not:
- From the main menu, go to File > Create a new company.
- Name this file as a test file.
- Try to open the newly created company file.
- If the error is not occurring while opening a new company file:
- From the main menu, go to File > Open or restore company.
- Browse to the folder: C:\Users\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooksPoint of Sale 8.0\Data\[your company name]\. For Windows Vista users – C:\Users\Public\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooksPoint of Sale 8.0\Data\[your company name]\
- Choose your QuickBooks company file and then click on Open.
Make sure that you are able to open the original QuickBooks Company File properly.
- Run the QuickBooks Point of Sale Troubleshoot Tool to make sure that the database server manager is working fine.
- Configure your Windows Firewall settings as per QuickBooks Desktop.
- Make sure that TCP/IP is enabled in your system.
Reach Us For QuickBooks Technical Assistance
The provided 2 methods should be enough for the troubleshooting of QuickBooks Error 181016. You should now be able to perform your usual tasks in QuickBooks Desktop or QuickBooks Point of Sale. These solutions are of the basic level and can be successful only if the error is in its initial state. If the error is there from a long period of time, it might get unrecoverable. In such scenarios, you need to get connected with our technical help department by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1-866-701-7446 and get instant help for your issues.