How To Generate And Process QuickBooks Payroll W-2 Forms?
Are you roaming around the internet to find out how to generate and process the W-2 forms in QuickBooks Payroll software application? If yes, then you have landed on the right page. In this article, we will be discussing about the generating and processing of QB Payroll W-2 forms. Just follow some simple steps and you will be able to generate and process the QuickBooks Payroll W-2 forms.
How To File W-2 Form In QB Payroll
The two main methods through which you choose to file the W-2 forms:
- Manually file the form
- File the form through electric means.
The above mentioned steps are only for the subscribed users of QuickBooks Payroll software.
Important note: You need to print it first and then give the forms to your members of staff. If you have any doubts in the steps performed for the processing of QuickBooks Payroll W-2, in such case you can get in touch with the expert through QuickBooks Payroll Support Number.
Important Filing Dates That You Need To Remember Are:
- January 31st, 2019
- Offer Forms W-2 to any active and inactive member of staff with salaries for the previous year.
- Both manual and electronic filers can file W-2 forms in tandem with the SSA.
- Manually Filed Forms: Considered due dates are postmarked dates.
- Electronically Filed Forms: January 31 2019, 5.00 pm is the last for submission of the forms.
We have also posted an article about How To Print W2 In QuickBooks, Which can be helpful for you to know more about the W-2 forms.
To Electronically File Forms W-2 With The SSA
For QuickBooks Payroll Online Subscribers:
- Go to the Dashboard
- Click on Show more that you will find below Tasks
- Select File now following W-2 Copies A & D.
- Select Yearly Forms > W-2 Copies A & D.
- Validate your tax code if asked. Then you will get a pre-filled tax code field, ignore that.
- Click on Continue
- If you are asked then you have to submit whether or not one or more workers were active members in a superannuation plan for the duration of the tax year.
- Click on View from W-2 Page in order to open Acrobat Reader. Check and print Copy D.
- Click on Submit when you are ready in order to approve file Copy.
- Make sure that you pen down your current status as Submitted on the status page.
Now your form has been submitted with the company. You will receive an email once the processing is completed successfully.
Copies You Need To Hand Out To Employees When You Do Electronically Filling
You are supposed to print and hand out copies to your workforces even if you are electronically filing the federal Forms W-2 with the SSA. You also need to take out the print of copies to be maintained in your records. We have mentioned some of the facts about the copies that your should send to the agency, employee and keep it for yourself:
- Copy A – Needs to be generated for SSA
- Copy B – Needs to be generated for workers
- Copy C – Needs to be created for worker (copy of worker’s records)
- Copy D – Needs to be created for the owner
- Copy 1 – Needs to be generated for State, City, or Native tax division
- Copy 2 – Needs to be to be created for workers (filed with worker’s state, city or native tax returns)
How To Check Status Of W-2 Form
Status Of Filing W-2 Forms
When you have completed your preparation of your W-2 Forms and transferred the details to the QuickBooks, The filing status in your Online Payroll account will be shown as either ‘Submitted’ or ‘In Progress’. You need press on Submit within the two working days before January 31st, the SSA will examine your submission.
- Submitted: It indicates that your W-2 for processing has been received
- In Progress: W-2 details are sent by the QuickBooks to the agency in the middle of January. It will appear in the status when your W-2 has been directed.
- Finished: Your W-2 form has been acknowledged by the SSA and you will be notified with an email.
Get Help W-2 Form E-Filling From Payroll Experts
Hopefully, you will find the above mentioned information useful. But in case you have any doubts or you are facing some issues with your QuickBooks software then you can call us at our QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-396-0208 toll free.