QuickBooks accounting software helps you in growing your business in various ways. It comes with so many great features that makes accounting and managing business easy and efficient. But sometimes there can be instances when the software misbehaves due to some technical issues. QuickBooks Error 15222 is one such error that occurs while updating the payroll service or QuickBooks software.
Why QuickBooks Error 15222 Occurs:
There can be multiple reasons behind the occurrence of this error code. You can also contact our QuickBooks Payroll Support team to get your issues resolved. Here, we have mentioned some of the most common causes due to which the error code 15222 occurs:
- According to the anti-spyware, anti-malware or anti-adware, the QuickBooks update is a threat to your computer that’s why it restricts the update process.
- The error can occur when the register digital signatures are not functioning and the function is enabled in the Internet Explorer.
- Internet Explorer is not set as your default browser
How to fix QuickBooks Error 15222?
Install a digital signal certificate
- Firstly, close QuickBooks and its related components because if the QuickBooks is running then the Digital Signature tab could not be seen.
- Now go to the following folder path: C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks
- Now from the folder, right click on the exe and click on Properties from the drop-down list.
- Go to the Digital Signature tab and make sure that the Intuit, Inc. is selected in the list.
- Now, in the Digital Signature Details window, click on Details and then click on View Certificate
- Click on Install Certificate from the Certificate window
- Now keep on clicking Next until you get the Finish button
- Once the process is finished, restart your computer and then try again to update the QuickBooks software.
Update some software
If the above mentioned steps didn’t worked then you can try to some software such as anti-adware, anti-malware, anti-spyware or antivirus software to resolve the error code 15222 in QuickBooks.
Authenticate the settings of Internet Explorer:
- Firstly, set the Internet Explorer as your default browser
- Now, check if the date and time of your system is accurate. If not then reset the date and time.
- Now verify the Cipher Strength
- Now, go to the Internet Options and update all required settings.
- Now from the general tab, select Delete
- Now, select the Internet Files and click on Delete
- Select LAN settings on the connection tab.
- At the end, mark the Automatically Detect Settings checkbox and make sure that both SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 are checked.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Update Error
The above mentioned steps will allow you to resolve the error code 15222 in QuickBooks. However, if you still face the error then you can contact the customer support team of Intuit instantly.
However, there can be some instances the customer support team of Intuit could not be reached. In such cases, you need to look out for the best alternative. Getsupportnumber.com is one such that can provide you the required support for your QuickBooks issues. You just need to dial the QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1855-565-6250 toll-free and the certified ProAdvisors will be connected with you to assist you.