How to Upgrade from 21802 to QuickBooks Payroll Update 21804?
QuickBooks has released a new Payroll Update 21804, with reappraised tax tables. There are chances that you might face some issues in upgrading your payroll software from 21802 to 21804.
In this article, we will try to clear all your doubts and confusions regarding this issue and we’ll also help you in upgrading your payroll to the latest version.
What is a Payroll Update?
QuickBooks Desktop Payroll release new updates to its subscribed users time to time to improve the older version’s flaws and also to make it more user-friendly. These updates provide the most up-to-date and precise tariffs and calculations for reinforced state and federal income tax tables, payroll income tax forms and e-file and wage preferences. To know more about the latest updates released by the QuickBooks, call us at our QuickBooks Support Phone Number.
Payroll Update 21084 was released later this year on 18th January. But there are number of users who still haven’t upgraded to this version
Revised Features Included in the Payroll Update 21804 are as follow:
Tax Table Revision
- New federal and new non-residents foreign withholdings tables are included in the new tax tables.
Important Note: These new Federal withholding tables make use of the up-to-date W4s, nevertheless we anticipate the IRS to upgrade the W4s and make an upgraded online calculator available for the subscribed users in order to regulate withholdings in a better manner.
- The new tax tables also have new withholding tables for Mississippi users.
- The new tax table takes account of other modifications for the users of S. states including Colorado, Maryland, and South Dakota.
The Payroll Update 21084 comprises mainly of the state forms that were upgraded specifically for the Enhanced Payroll Software users for the following states: Arizona, California, Delaware, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Illinois, Lowa, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hemisphere, Oregon, and Rhode Island.
Federal E-File and wage Upgrade
- Form 940 E-fillings
- With the new Payroll Update 21804, QuickBooks has improved the E-file. This E-file is used for Annual Form 940/Schedule A for Reporting Agents (Only available for enhanced payroll for certified public accountants subscribed users.), Business’s Yearly Federal Unemployment (FUTA) Tax Return.
Form 944 E-fillings
With the new Payroll Update 21804, QuickBooks has also improved the E-file. This E-file is used for Annual Form 944 for Reporting Agents (Only available for enhanced payroll for certified public accountants subscribed users.), Business’s Yearly Federal Unemployment (FUTA) Tax Return.
What do need to upgrade from 21802 to QuickBooks Payroll 21804?
To Update to payroll from 21802 to 21804, you need to follow the below mentioned steps:
- First of all you need to make sure that you have received the update. To do that, open QuickBooks and then go to the Employees option. Now search ‘Get Payroll Updates’. If you are not able to see a message that says, “You are using Tax Table version 28104,” Click on the update option. Follow to given steps in order to install the tax table update in QuickBooks Desktop:
- Open QuickBooks and then go to the Employees option. Now search ‘Get Payroll Updates’.
- Click on “Download Entire Payroll Update”
- A new window will appear, Click on update.
- After the download completes, you’ll get a message that says “A new tax table and/or upgrade to your payroll tax forms have been downloaded on your system.” Click ok to know more about the changes
- At last, click OK.
If you are not able to download or install QuickBooks 2018 updates automatically, get in touch with the QuickBooks Live Chat Support.
- You must be a subscribed user of the payroll service in order to get the latest updates.
- It is recommended by the experts that you must make sure that you download the respective tax table every time you make payments to your staffs or at best within every 45 days.
- You can enable the automatic updates in QuickBooks if you wish to get automatic update notifications about the payroll tax tables.
Get Help for QuickBooks Payroll Update Issues
If you have any doubts regarding this QuickBooks Payroll Update 21804 or if you are not able to upgrade the software successfully, get in touch with the highly experienced QuickBooks ProAdvisors by dialing our QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-396-0208 toll-free and the customer support team will be there on call to assist you.