QuickBooks multi user mode allows more than one user to access QuickBooks on a same account. If your QuickBooks multi user mode is not working then it can become a serious concern for the people using this program. With this issue, your workflow will get affected and the work pressure will fall on a single person. So is very important for you that your QuickBooks program works in a proper manner so you can work properly.
QuickBooks Multi User Mode Not Working
QuickBooks software is very flexible and user friendly accounting software as it allows more than one user to access at same time. QuickBooks multi user mode is very important for bigger organizations but sometimes it might get some glitches also.
QuickBooks multi user mode is one of the most important features provided by the Intuit. It comes with so many features and benefits. Some of the major benefits are as given below.
- Print Bills and Checks at same time from different users
- Generate Invoices from Estimates and Bills from Purchase Orders
- You can also scan through generated checks through Scan Check Merchant Choice of QuickBooks.
Multi User Mode Requirements
If you want to use the Multi-user Mode in QuickBooks, you need to fulfill the following requirements:
- QuickBooks Multi-user License: You have two options to use multi-user mode and those options are as given below:
- Purchase Multi User License
- Add multiple users in existing license by following the below steps:
- Open QuickBooks and from the Main Menu tab, click on Manage Licenses tab
- One Computer System to Host QuickBooks: Allow one computer to host the software which will provide the access to other system through server.
It can be slight difficult for you to operate this tool as it quite new. Setting up multi user mode can be difficult for you and end up having issues with this feature. Network server issues can also be the reason behind this issue. So before fixing your QuickBooks multi user mode issue, it is important for you to know the actual reason behind this issue.
Causes Of The Error
- Software starts getting slowing down due to adding more employees and licenses.
- All the users will face the issue if the admin is facing the issue.
- Sometimes accessing data taking more time than normal.
- Management or functional error creating issue for at least two or more users.
- Network server is getting disrupted.
Resolution For The Multi-User Mode Not Working Error
Solution 1: Reinstall QuickBooks Software
- Click on start and then go to the Control Panel
- Go to Program and Features and then find QuickBooks from the list
- Click on QuickBooks and perform the full un-installation process.
- Once done, go to the official website of Intuit and download the required version of QuickBooks.
- Click on the Multi-user mode hosting
Solution 2: Configure the Default Setting
- Run QuickBooks and then click on Files option
- Now click on Utilities from the drop down list and then choose Host Multi-user Access option
- Now add desired number of users with the company file
- If the multi user mode is already enabled then you will be asked to disable it in which you need to click on Cancel.
- Now in order to protect your sensitive data, you need to create different login credentials for different users. Now this setup is complete to be used.
Reach Us For Help:
The above mentioned steps will resolve your QuickBooks Multi user not working issue. However, if the issue still persists and you are not able to use multi user mode, you can get in touch with us at our QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-396-0208 toll free.