QuickBooks License Error in QuickBooks POS generally appears when the permitted number of users exceeds. For example if you’ve shared your Point of Sale login credentials more than the permitted users and all of them login to the account at the same time. Such scenarios will lead to the license error in QuickBooks and it comes up with the error message that says:
QuickBooks License Error: You have exceeded the maximum number of users who can access the company at one time.
QuickBooks License Error: Causes Behind The Error
- The number of users exceeds the limit of permitted users.
- Workstation needs to be rebooted because a log file has got stuck.
- Licenses were verified using damaged file.
- Corrupt or improper installation of QB Point of Sale application
- Firewall or Antivirus software setting is blocking in the client workstation from the server.
How To Fix The License Error
Fixing the license error in QuickBooks is not a complicated task and you can easily fix the issue by following the steps:
Sync License Data Online
- Click on Help > Control my license > Integrate license data online > OK
- Click on Help > Control my license > Purchase license for extra order
- Ensure the number of licensed users.
Shut Down All Workstation
- Completely close the QuickBooks POS application
- Reboot all the workstations after following the above steps fail to free up the licenses. It is important to reboot all the workstations.
Clear The Contents Of The Entitlement Data Folder
- Go to the QB Point of Sale servers and click on Start and then open the Windows Explorer
- Click on Organize and then select Folder and Search options
- Click on View tab > Select Show hidden files and folders > Unmark the Hide system operating files.
- Click Yes and then click OK
- Follow the given path: C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\XX (where XX is version)
- Press CTRL + A + Delete from your keyboard
- Click Yes on the pop-up message
- Run QB Point of Sale application and complete the registration process again
Rename The WSActivity File
- Go to the following path: C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX\Ini
- Right click on the WSActivity and click on Rename from the drop-down list.
- Enter OLDWSActivity and then click on Save
- Run the QuickBooks POS application to make sure whether the issue is resolved or not.
Set Internet Security & Third-Party Firewall To Allow Access
- Open Point of Sale firewall configuration files, ports and paths
- Troubleshoot connectivity tool.
Uninstall And Reinstall QuickBooks POS Application
- Uninstall POS software and perform a clean installation of it.
- Update the application to the latest version
- Open the application and go to the Help menu > Handle my license > sync license data online > OK
- Select Help > Control my license > Buy additional user license.
- Find out the number of Licensed Users and verify its authenticity.
Call Us For Support
The above mentioned steps are recommended by Intuit. If any of the steps didn’t worked then you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the Point of Sale software on the client workstations. You can also contact the QuickBooks POS Support Number if you require any kind of assistance.
You can contact the getsupportnumber.com if you are looking for an instant support for the licensing error in QuickBooks. Just call then at their toll free support number +1805-900-6410 and their customer representatives will help you in resolving all the issues related to QuickBooks.