QuickBooks accounting software is an integrated accounting solution program that comes with various tools and features such as bill managements, tax filing, payroll, employee management, invoicing, tracking inventory etc.
QuickBooks can be easily connected to third-party applications that make managing accounts much easier than before.
QuickBooks License Error After Clone
To install QuickBooks Desktop on your system, you are required to enter the license number and product code for validation purpose. The file which contains the information is always encrypted. You may face some kind of issue if that encrypted files gets damaged or missing. In such scenarios, you can encounter the QuickBooks License Error.
Best Way To Fix It…
One of the most common ways to solve this Licensing Error in QuickBooks is removing the damaged EntitlementDataStore.ecml file. By removing this damaged file, following issues or error can also be resolved:
- Error 3371: Could not initialize license properties
- No Company Open Window does not show any Edit list
- Sync Licensed Data Online is disabled
- Your QuickBooks is not registered, this makes you unable to use Online Banking
- Error ” You must subscribe to accountant’s copy file transfer service” occurs when you try to sync or subscribe
- QuickBooks Re-configuration errors
Note: Deleting the entitlement file is just a basic step. To resolve it permanently, you need to follow the solutions in this article.
Causes Of QuickBooks License Error After Clone
The main causes behind the QuickBooks License Error are as given below:
- Damaged or missing .DAT or MSXML
- Damaged Qbregistration.dat File:This is a very crucial file to access your QuickBooks Desktop. Because every time you run QuickBooks, your license data will get verified and QBregisteration.dat is the file which validates your license data. In case, this file get damaged or get missing, your license data will not get verified and you will not able to run QuickBooks.
- Corrupted MSXML Component: MSXML is a component produced by Microsoft. This component is required by the QuickBooks Desktop to run. Corrupted MSXML component will not allow QuickBooks to run.
- Windows operating system is outdated
- Antivirus program is restricting the access of QB Files
- You’ve tried to import the .QBO file without saving it first.
How To Fix The License Error
Steps to resolve this error license error are as given below:
- Turn off QuickBooks software
- Make sure that all the QuickBooks related processes are closed. To do so follow the steps:
- Open the Task Manager in your system
- Go to the Processed tab and locate the exe process
- Select it and then click on End Task.
- Go the folder where the entitlement data folder.
- Right click on the file and click on Delete from the drop-down list
- Click on Yes on the confirmation dialogue box
- Now open the company file and register the application again.
By following the steps carefully, you will be able to resolve the issue. However, if the above mentioned method didn’t work then we have provided an alternate method to fix this issue. The steps are as follow:
- Download all the latest Windows OS update so that the QuickBooks Installation doesn’t damage. For this follow the below steps:
- Click on Start button and go to All Programs
- Locate and select Windows Update
- Once the update finishes, install QuickBooks.
- If all the methods were unsuccessful then reinstall QuickBooks using Clean Install Tool.
Connect With Us
By following all the steps including the alternative method, you should be able to fix the License Error After Cloning in QuickBooks. However, if you could not fix the issue manually or you are getting the same issue after following all the steps properly, then you need to get in touch with the QuickBooks Customer Support team of getsupportnumber.com. They are capable of providing quick and reliable solution and will make sure that you don’t face the same issue in future. Just dial their toll free support number for QuickBooks +1888-346-0234.