QuickBooks accounting software allows you to manage you business efficiently. But sometimes when you try to install QuickBooks Desktop on your computer, you might face some errors that restrict the installation process or it does not begin at all. This is basically happens because of some Java failure. When you try to install QuickBooks Desktop, an error appears that state, “Error 1601: Windows Installer is not accessible”.
Why This Error Is Appearing?
This error appears right after restarting the compute after installing or updating any program or file. You might also encounter this error when Windows installer has been damaged or disabled for some reasons.
Resolving The Error 1601 On Your Computer System
You need to follow the given steps in order to get rid of this error. We have provided three solutions and any of them can be helpful for you. If not, then you can get in touch with the QuickBooks Payroll Technical Support Team.
- Check whether the Windows Installer has been disabled
- Click on the Start button, enter MSC and hit Enter key on your keyboard
- Go to Services from the next screen that appears
- Right click on the Window Installer and then click on Properties from the drop down options
- Access the Startup type. See if it is disabled
- Click on the Manual if available
- Now another heading will appear on the screen that states Service Status.
- Below the Service Status, Click on Start
- Now the installer will be active again.
- Again try to install QuickBooks in your system
If the issue is not solved then go through the second solution.
- Re-register the Windows Installer:
- Go to the desktop screen and press Windows + R on your keyboard
- Type exe/unreg in the Command Prompt and then click OK or press Enter Key.
- Click OK on the confirmation message.
- Again press Windows + R on your keyboard
- Now type exe/regserver OK or press Enter Key.
- Click OK on the confirmation message again.
- Now try to install QuickBooks again. If the problem still persists, checkout the next solution.
- Checkout if any pending updates available in your Windows OS. Update all the components and also reinstall the windows installer if required.
By following above three methods, you might get rid of this issue. But in case if you are not able to resolve this issue on your own and you are still getting this issue or you are facing some other issues in QuickBooks, you can get in touch with our QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1855-565-6250.