In this article, we have provided steps recommended by Intuit to run QuickBooks and the Opening QuickBooks screens occurs but it doesn’t open actually.
How To Resolve The Issue?
Solution 1: Run Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tools Hub.
Step 1: Download and install the QuickBooks Tools Hub
The QuickBooks Tool Hub helps you in resolving common QuickBooks errors.
- Close QuickBooks.
- Go to the official page of Intuit and download the QuickBooks Tool Hub file.
- Save the download file to your desktop or to a folder that you can remember.
- Run the downloaded file (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- Now, perform on-screen prompts to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once the installation finishes, run the tool hub.
Note: If the file is not available on the desktop, go to Start and search for QuickBooks Tool hub.
Step 2: Run Quick Fix my Program
When you choose QuickBooks Fix option, all the running background processes will automatically stop, and a quick repair will be processed.
- Open QuickBooks Tools Hub and then select Program Problems.
- Click on Quick Fix my Program.
Solution 2: Rename QBWUSER.ini file
Note: If you rename the QBWUSER.INI file, all the previously opened company files lists will be removed and you will have to re-open your QuickBooks company file manually.
- Go to the folder that stores your QBWUSER.ini. If the folder couldn’t be located, you need to enable hidden files and folders. Location: \Users\[Your username]\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks [year].
- Locate and right-click on ini and then click on Rename from the drop-down options.
- Add the word old at the end of the file name. Example: QBWUSER.ini.old.
Solution 3: Run the Clean Install Tool from the QuickBooks Tools Hub.
Run the Clean Install Tool that will rename your old install folders automatically. This will help QuickBooks to include new install files whenever you install QuickBooks later. QuickBooks must be closed.
- Run the QuickBooks Tools Hub again and then select Installation Issues.
- Click on Clean Install Tool and then OK.
- Select your QuickBooks version and product version and then select Continue.
- Click on OK to the dialog box that says “Please install your copy of QuickBooks to the default location.”
- Once the process finishes, reinstall QuickBooks Desktop using clean install.
Solution 4: Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool from the Tools Hub
- Run the QuickBooks Tool Hub again and then select Installation Issues.
- Choose QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. Wait for the process to get finished. It can take up to 20 minutes depending upon your system performance.
- Run QuickBooks Desktop
Reach Us For QuickBooks Technical Support
Following the steps should be helpful for you in resolving the issue you are facing while opening QuickBooks Desktop. However, you can also face this issue due to damaged installation of QuickBooks Desktop. For more information or any kind of assistance, you can contact our support agent through our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1850-308-2863 and get your issues resolved.