Company file can be easily accessed from the host system or server system through QuickBooks. But you might find some difficulties while accessing the company file if the QuickBooks hosting mode is off. If you land in such situations then you need to follow the below tips:
- You need to track server or the host system as the network drive for all workstations.
- You need to set your system to the multi-user mode
- The company file must be stored in a shared folder
You can connect with our QuickBooks Enterprise Support team if you want a quick resolution for this hosting issue.
Turn On, QuickBooks Hosting Mode Is Off And Install The QuickBooks Data Server Utility?
First of all, you need to install QuickBooks Database Server utility tool in order to configure your QuickBooks server for the multiple user modes.
- Log in to your system as the Administration
- Make sure that your internet connection is appropriate
- Download and install the QuickBooks Desktop application in your system
- Run QuickBooks Desktop and from the main menu, click on the File menu
- From the drop down list, click on Switch to Multi-user mode
- A confirmation window will appear on your screen, click on OK.
- Now to add users on the QuickBooks application, follow the below steps:
- Select the company and then click on Set up Users & Passwords.
- Setup the usernames and password according to you.
- Now click on Add user
How To Turn The Discovery On?
If the QuickBooks Hosting mode is still off then you have another option of Turning on the Network Discovery mode. Although it is an optional thing but you can turn it on for a better experience. You will be able to see it while opening any Company file when you are opening it through UNC path.
Windows operating system will also confirm you that whether you have turned ON your Password Sharing option or not. If yes, then you will be able to login easily by entering the network password. You also have the option to turn it off.
- Open the Control Panel
- Select the Network Sharing center option and then click on the Change Advance Sharing setting.
- Open the profile that you are using right now
- Now head to the Network Discovery and select the Turn on Network Discovery option.
- Now search for the Password protected sharing option and then click on Turn Off password protected sharing
- Click on Save changes
You need to perform the same process on all the systems to solve the QuickBooks hosting mode is off issue.
Steps To Open The Company File
- Open QuickBooks and click on the File from the main menu
- From the drop down list, select the Open or Restore Company file option
- Now locate the company file that you want to open
- Select the file with .qbw extension and click on Open
- You will be asked to enter the login credentials. Do the same
Get Support For QuickBooks Hosting Mode Is Off Issue
By following the above mentioned steps, you will be able to resolve the QuickBooks Hosting Mode error. However, if the issue still persists or you are not able to get any of the steps, you can get in touch with getsupportnumber’s intuit certified pro advisors. Your instant support for the issue is just a call away. All you need to do is just call us at our QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1855-565-6250 toll free.