QuickBooks Desktop comes with various email integration that includes Web Mail, Outlook and QuickBooks Emails. But it is possible that you prefer to use Gmail above any other mail but for some reasons Gmail is not working in QuickBooks. However QuickBooks is keen to fix their errors but sometimes you may encounter QuickBooks Gmail Not Working issue.
It is a common error but you need to fix it as soon as possible. You can also contact the QuickBooks Pro advisors in order to fix this issue.
QuickBooks Gmail Not Working: What To Do?
Sometimes you might an email on your Google account that says ‘Sign in attempt prevented’ when you try to sign in to the Gmail in QuickBooks. The email states that ‘The app doesn’t meet modern security standards’.
The message can be a serious concern as it says that the security of your Google account is under threat. But you don’t need to worry because the mail is only trying to tell you that the app had tried to sign in into your Gmail account.
Steps To Fix Gmail Not Working With QuickBooks
- Open the internet browser and sign in into your Google Account.
- Now go to ‘My Account’ page and then click on ‘Connected apps & sites’
- Into the ‘Apps connected to your account’ you will find the Intuit QuickBooks. Instead of this you would want QuickBooks Online for connecting the software with Gmail. Hence ignore this.
- Now you need to Switch ON the ‘Allow less secure apps’ button.
- Now you need to go back to Gmail and try to send an invoice with Gmail and now you will be able to do it successfully.
- Also by turning off the 2-step verification you can also make Gmail work on QuickBooks.
- You can also resolve the issue by allowing new device or app to access the Gmail.
Steps For QuickBooks Gmail Setup
- Open QuickBooks and from the Main Menu, click on ‘Edit’ and then select ‘Preferences’
- Now click on ‘Send Forms’ and then ‘My Preferences’. Now select Webmail and then click on Add button.
- You will get a new dialogue box, type in the Gmail ID and choose Gmail from the ‘Email Provider’. Now QuickBooks will automatically fill up the SMTP Server information.
- At last click OK in order to add Gmail account to the E-mail IDs list.
- Click on OK from the Preferences window and you will be able to work with Gmail from QuickBooks. Now all you need to do is enter your Gmail password and login for the first time either to send invoice, report or a mail.
Reach Us For Help
Hopefully the above mentioned will solve this issue. But in case if you are not able to fix this issue on your own and looking for an expert assistance, you can get in touch with our QuickBooks pro advirors through our QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1805-900-6410.