QuickBooks accounting software has become an important part of business for so many users. QuickBooks also comes with different operating systems such as Windows, MAC etc. QuickBooks for windows is very compatible and provides the best experience but the MAC Sierra users may find it difficult to work in QuickBooks as it is not that compatible as compare to the Windows version.
In this article, we will be discussing about how QuickBooks perform with MAC and if the users are facing some issues with their QuickBooks for MAC, then we will also help you to resolve them with ease.
QuickBooks For Mac Sierra
QuickBooks Desktop 2016 is quite compatible with the MAC operating system and does work with OS High Sierra. But, older versions of QuickBooks were not actually that compatible and there were some issues with working with QuickBooks.
The release of OS High Sierra makes all variant of QuickBooks MAC 2016 R20 or later versions compatible and producing good results.
QuickBooks has made some modifications in 2016 R6 and 2016 R1 which are as follow:
- Horizontal toolbar
- Adjustable font size
- Page breaks in the Reports are allowed
- Add multiple ship to’s or a drop ship
- Bill vendor time
- Share attachments
- Runs on MACOS Sierra (10.12)
- Easy to resize column on forms
- Easy to print on envelops directly
- Able to do Timesheet editing and filing
- Open balances can be added to invoices
- Timesheet printing
- Adjustable font sizes in reports
- Apple’s Automatic Reference Counting (ARC)
- Run on Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11)
Also QuickBooks for MAC 2015 R8 and its later versions were also compatible with MAC OS Sierra 10.12 but it was not as smooth and easy to use as the QuickBooks for MAC 2016 or its later versions.
But if want to experience the best performance of the QuickBooks MAC on Sierra or High Sierra, then you need to make sure that you are using the latest version of QuickBooks. If not then you need to update.
- Click on the Help menu and check updates for QuickBooks
- Select and click on ‘Install Updates’
- Now click on Install and Re-launch
If you are having any issues while installing then you need to check the system requirements and make sure that your system has the appropriate configuration.
- QuickBooks for MAC 2018 or earlier versions(macOS10.10.2, macOS 10.11.)
- QuickBooks for Mac 2018 R6 or later version (Sierra or High Sierra)
- Processor must be Intel Core 2 duo or above
- Multiuser server
- 2 GB of RAM required and 4 GB of RAB is recommended for better performance
- Minimum 250 MB disk space should be available
- Internet connection or CD/DVD drive
- 100% Macintosh compatible printer
- Checks should be done by using Intuit Checks
- Registration of the product
Some compatibility or integration requirements that you also need to ensure:
- Microsoft 2008 or 2011 or Microsoft Entourage 2008 along with Outlook version 2011 is required to export report data and emailing through QuickBooks
- After you buy Intuit Merchant Service, debit and credit card can be accepted and the application must be approved.
- You also need to pay and subscribe for processing of payroll integration QuickBooks for MAC so that the EIN and internet access is available. Internet connection is required for QuickBooks Payroll and you must be subscribed to Adobe Reader to print a check.
Hopefully, the article will be help for you and all your doubts related to QuickBooks for MAC OS are cleared if not then you can get in touch with our pro advisors. They will assist you for all your QuickBooks related issues. You can call us at our QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-396-0208 toll free.