QuickBooks File Doctor is an enhanced version of QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool. It is a well known tool that helps you in resolving common Networking and Company file corruption or other errors. If you are facing some issues with your company files then you must contact the QuickBooks Technical Support Number in case the file doctor tool couldn’t resolve the issues for you.
This article will provide you the complete guide to use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool so that you can save your precious time whenever you face some company file issues in QuickBooks.
The QuickBooks File Doctor Tool Can Help You If:
- The tool can be helpful if you are facing company file errors such as error code -6150, -6000 -832, -6069, -6000 -304, -6147, or -6130 etc
- In case a list of customers, vendors or employees are missing or lost
- The sample company files are opening but the QuickBooks Company Files could not be opened
How To Use The QuickBooks File Doctor Tool?
Before you use the file doctor tool, you need understand the following mentioned points:
- If you are using QuickBooks 2016 or later version then you have to use the file doctor tool. It won’t work with QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool.
- The QuickBooks File Doctor Tool is not compatible with the MAC operating system. It only supports the Windows operating system.
Steps to use QuickBooks File Doctor Tools are as given below:
- Go to the official website of Intuit and download the installation file of QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. If the tool is already installed then if will be visible on your desktop.
- Double click on the downloaded files and run the installation process
- Follow the onscreen steps to perform the installation properly.
- Once the tool gets installed properly then you need to run it
- Browse the company file in which you are facing issues
- You need to select one of the following options.
- Both file damage and network connectivity: If you are getting an error from 6xxx error series such as -6150, -6000 -82, -6000 -305, -6000 -301, -6147, or -6130 or you feel that the company file is damaged then you need to select this option.
- Network connectivity only: You need to select this option in case if you are using QuickBooks in multi-user mode and receive an H series error while trying to open the company file.
- Provide the appropriate admin credentials
- Now select Host/Server or Workstation as per your use
- If you are asked to share the file then you need to select from below two options:
- Yes: If you are running File Doctor on your server computer or host computer.
- No: If you are running File Doctor on a computer on a workstation that is not hosting your company file.
- Wait for the process to get finished and then click on Finish
- Restart your system and then try open the company
Get Support For QuickBooks
The above mentioned steps will help you in using the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool easily. However, there can be situations when you may face issues while using the tool. In such cases, dial our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-396-0208 to provide you the support.