QuickBooks Error Server Busy occurs while working on the QuickBooks Desktop. When this error comes up, it shows the following error message on your screen:
To resolve this error, you are recommended to read this article properly. You can also get in touch with the QuickBooks Payroll Tech Support team to get instant support for your issues.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error: Server Busy?
Before going on to solution steps, check your network resources and fix if you find any issue. Open QuickBooks to see if the error is resolved not. If not then you need to follow the below mentioned steps:
Solution 1: Close All Running Program
- If there is any program running in your computer then make sure that there is no dialogue box in that program
- Following application might be the reason for this error:
- Google Desktop
- Windows Defender
- Vista Security
- Pivot Software Control
- Close all these above mentioned programs
- Stop the IntuitFCS if you are using the selective startup in Windows
- Disable the Webroot Spy Sweeper application while using the QuickBooks software as it can also cause this error.
Solution 2: Check If Windows Is Updating Or Not
You need to check whether the Windows is installing updates or not from the Windows taskbar system tray. If not then install them and then restart your computer. Now check if the error is resolved or not. If not, then move on to the next solution.
Solution 3: Check And Close All QuickBooks Components
- Close QuickBooks software completely
- Open the Task Manager and move on to the processes tab
- Now you need to end all the QuickBooks related components from the list. The processes that needs to be end are as follow:
- Run QuickBooks again to see if the error is resolved or not.
Solution 4: Remove The QuickBooks Update Agent Displaying The “Server busy” Message
- Click on Start > All Programs > Startup
- Right-click on QuickBooks Update Agent
- Click on Delete from the drop down list and then click on Delete Shortcut
- Turn off all the shared QuickBooks Desktop Updates. To do so, follow the below steps:
- Click on the Help menu and the click on Update QuickBooks
- Click on Option
- Go for the Share Download option, choose No then close.
In case if Intuit ProSeries is installed on the computer then you need to follow the below mentioned steps:
- In the Task Manager, locate the exe (XX refers to the version of Intuit ProSeries software)
- Open the windows explorer by pressing Windows + E keys
- Go to the folder C:\ProWinXX (XX refers to the version of Intuit ProSeries software)
- Open the 32-bit folder
- From the folder, locate the exe file and right-click on it
- Click on Rename from the drop-down list and add old at the end of the file. For example: exe.old
- Close the folder
If the above steps have not resolved your problem, try the following actions with the guidance of the IT professional:
- Open the computer in Safe Mode with Networking
- Open the QuickBooks software and then restart your computer in normal mode. This should resolve your issue
- Try to run QuickBooks software in Selective Startup and then in Safe Mode
- Restart your computer if you are running QuickBooks on a network and then reconnect your system the drives
- Check that if the backup or mirroring software is running properly on the server or network. If yes then it might be blocking QuickBooks to access the company file and causing this error. Try to disable the software to see if then QuickBooks restarts or not.
- There can be chances that the security software on the server computer is locking the template file. You need to disable the security software to resolve the issue.
Reach Us For Support
Server error in QuickBooks is a very common error but sometimes it might become complex to resolve this issue and it can also cause some major threats to your data. In such cases you can get in touch with us at our QuickBooks Technical Support Number +1850-308-2863 toll-free.