What is QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058 & How to fix it?
QuickBooks is one of the most trusted accounting software but it can also fall into errors that can be frustrating for you. QuickBooks Error PS058 is one such error that generally occurs trying to download the latest payroll updates. This error can be a result of some mistake done by you, machine error or a combination of both.
If you are also facing the same error and looking for the solution then you have landed on the right page as this article will provide you the solution to resolve the error manually. You can also get in touch with our QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number +1855-565-6250 toll-free for instant support.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error PS058
QuickBooks Error PS058 is a generic error code that appears on your screen while updating the payroll application. It can be causing due to a software or software related issues. Some of the most common causes of QuickBooks Error PS058 are as given below:
- The company files could not be copied into the hard drive
- QuickBooks Company Files got corrupted
- An error occurred while using QBD to install the files.
Resolve QuickBooks Error Code PS058
Here in this article, we have mentioned four different solutions to resolve the error code PS058. However, before going on to the steps you need to make sure that your payroll subscription is active. Steps to resolve QuickBooks Error PS058 are as given below:
Solution 1: Download Payroll update
- Open QuickBooks and go to Help > Update QuickBooks
- Now, click on Options
- On the shared download option, you need to click on No
- The update process will be initiated. Wait for the process to get finished.
Solution 2: Update QuickBooks
- You also have to make sure that you are using the latest version of QuickBooks and has downloaded all the latest available updates.
- Open the windows with administrator rights
- Open QuickBooks
- go to Help > Update QuickBooks > Options
- Click on Select All
- Now, click on Save & Close
- Once the process finishes, restart your system and open the QuickBooks software
Solution 3: Check errors in the Company File
- Open QuickBooks
- Press F2 key to open the Product Information window and then press F3
- Click on Open File from the Tech Help and then double click on log
- Scroll down the page and locate Error written in any of the lines.
The identified error has to be resolved so that you can download the payroll updates. For this, you need contact your QuickBooks expert instantly.
Solution 4: Run reboot.bat file
- Close QuickBooks and all its related components
- Open the Task Manager and go to the Processes tab
- Locate the exe process and close it.
- Now, click on the Start menu
- Search bat in the search menu and hit enter
- Run the file and close it once it completes its processing
- Once the process finishes, restart the QuickBooks software
- Try to update the payroll application.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Error PS058
Follow the above mentioned steps and you will be able to resolve the error code PS058 manually. However, if the error is still not resolved or you are having some issues while performing the steps then you can get in touch with us by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1855-565-6250 to get instant support.