QuickBooks is very powerful accounting software that allows you to manage your financial records. The multi-user mode of QuickBooks allows multiple users to work on a single company file. However, there are several errors and issues associated with the multi-user mode and QuickBooks Error H202 is one of them. This error generally occurs when you try to open your QuickBooks company file in multi-user mode.
While opening a company file hosted on Fedora Linux or Citrix server, the following error message occurs on your screen:
Problem with multi-user hosting setup. QuickBooks could not open the file in multi-user mode. (H202)
This article will help you to resolve the QuickBooks Error H202 with manual steps. In case, you require any kind of assistance, you can contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number +1805-900-6410.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error H202
Some of the most common factors that can lead to the QuickBooks Error h202 are as given below:
- QuickBooks Company File is damaged.
- Location, where the company file is located, is damaged.
- The file is assigned as its Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) while the hostname of the Fedora Linux server is hosting the company file.
- You are using the 64-bit version of Linux.
- Your local system doesn’t have appropriate permissions to access the company file.
How To Resolve The Error Code H202?
Important: The solutions provided in this section are supposed to be performed as a workaround to bypass broken Domain Name Settings (DNS) in Windows. If you are not sure about performing the steps or you can any queries related to DNS settings, we recommend you take assistance from your IT professional.
Solution 1: Add the Server’s Fully Qualified Domain Name to the hosts file of each QuickBooks workstation
You need to perform the following steps on each workstation in which the QuickBooks is installed.
- Go to the etc
- Open the Run command by pressing the Windows + R
- In the search field, type %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\drivers\etc and then click on OK or hit enter.
- Locate and double-click on the Hosts
- From Programs drop-down, click on Notepad, then OK.
- Type in the Linux server’s IP number in the next available line.
- Press the Tab key and then enter the Linux server’s Fully Qualified Domain Name.
- Go to File > Save.
- Go to File > Exit.
Solution 2: Edit the QBGlobalAppConfig.ini file on the Fedora Linux Server
- Go to the Linux Terminal Window and then open the QBGlobalAppConfig.ini.
- Find out the default range for ports and delete any all the spaces before and after the (=) equal sign.
|QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 19.0||55383 = 5||55383=5|
|QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 18.0||55378 = 5||55378=5|
|QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 17.0||55373 = 5||55373=5|
|QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 16.0||55368 = 5||55368=5|
- Save the QBGlobalAppConfig.ini file.
- Close and restart the QBDBFILEMON and QBDBMGRN
Solution 3: Create a mapped drive
You need to create a mapped drive to the Linux server’s IP address.
If the error code H202 while opening the QuickBooks Company File then you can see: QuickBooks Error H101, H202, H303 Or H505.
QuickBooks Error H202 can occur when Citrix server tries to publish QuickBooks using client-side application virtualization.
Solution: Run QuickBooks using server-side application virtualization
Due to the complexity and number of available Citrix server configurations, Intuit doesn’t provide support for each server configuration issues. If you require any kind of assistance while Citrix server then you can contact your IT Professional.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Multi-User Errors
The provided solutions should be helpful for you in resolving the QuickBooks Error H202 and you should now be able to open your QuickBooks company file easily. In case, if you face any kind of issue during the process then you can contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1805-900-6410 to get an instant solution for your QuickBooks errors and issues.