QuickBooks accounting software provides you the best accounting solution but at the same time it is also prone to errors. There are various errors and issues in QuickBooks that can occur due to various reasons. QuickBooks Error H101, H202, H303 or H505 is one such issue that is commonly faced by the QB users. This error occurs while trying to open a company file which is stored in another computer.
This error can affect your work flow and can even damage your data so in this article, we will be providing you the step-by-step solutions to fix the QuickBooks Error H101, H202, H303 or H505.
Error Code H101, H202, H303 Or H505 In QuickBooks: Causes
You get the following error messages when you try to open a company file in multi-user mode:
QuickBooks Error Code H202
- The file you are trying to open is located on another computer and QuickBooks is not able to reach the server on that system.
- If the QuickBooks installed in your system could not reach the server then you get this error.
QuickBooks Error Code H101, H303, H505
You are trying to open a company file which is placed on another system and that system is asking for an extra installation and setup.
Why This Error Occurs:
There can be multiple reasons behind this error. Some of them are:
- Improper or wrong hosting configuration settings
- QuickBooks firewall is blocking the connection and communication between server and QuickBooks
- Corrupt or incorrect .ND file configuration
- The IP address of the host computer couldn’t be identified by the Database Server Manager
- Incorrect DNS settings
- QuickBooks services such as QuickBooksDBXX/QBCF couldn’t be started
Solution For QuickBooks Error H101, H202, H303 Or H505
Method 1: QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Go to the official website of Intuit and download the setup file of QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Install the tool in your system
- Once the installation is finished, run the tool
- Tool will automatically detect and fix all the H series and multi-user mode errors.
If the error still persists, then you can go to the next solution.
Method 2: Verify Hosting And Services
Note: These steps are to be performed on each hosting system.
Verify the hosting
- Open QuickBooks and click on the File menu
- From the drop-down list, select Utilities
- If you see Host Multi-User Access in the list then this system isn’t hosting the file. Do the same for all systems and make sure that you do not make any changes in your workstation.
- If the Host Multi-User Access option is visible then click on it and then click on Yes
Verify the services
- Make sure that the services like QuickBooksDBXX and QBCFMonitor have initiated
- Press Windows + R keys from your keyboard
- Type MSC in the run box and press Enter
- Service Window: Find out the QuickBooksDBXX service. If you can’t see it follow the below steps:
- Use the Database Server Manager and make sure that it also installed in the server
- If you run the full program on the server, run QuickBooks, select and ensure that hosting is enabled.
- Double tap on the QuickBooksDBXX service and ensure that the startup and service status is initiated
- Click on Recovery
- Now restart your computer. Doing this will automatically restart the QuickBooksDBXX service if it wasn’t started.
- Save the changes
- Repeat all the above mentioned steps to start the QBCFMonitor service
- Run QuickBooks in multi-user mode in all workstations
Method 3: Open Network Ports QuickBooks To Communicate Configure The Firewall
- Open the Windows Firewall Settings
- Go to the Outbound Rules and click on New Rule
- Select Ports and then click on Next to move forward.
- In the specific local ports box, select TCP
- Click on Next
- Click on Allow the Connection
- Now enter the name of the port and click on Finish
- Repeat the same steps for Inbound Rules
- Open QuickBooks in multi-user mode
Method 4: Create A New Folder For Your Company File And Share It By Allowing Access To Share Company Files
- Create a new folder at the hosting computer.
- Share the folder and set windows to get entry to permissions to share company files.
- Create a copy of .qbw file and paste it to the new folder
- Run the QuickBooks Company Files in multi-user mode.
Get Support For H Series Errors In QuickBooks
By following the above mentioned methods, you will be able to get rid of the QuickBooks Error H101, H202, H303 or H505. You are recommended to perform the solution process step by step to get the best results. However, if you are not able to solve the issue manually or you are not sure about the solution then you need to approach the customer support team of QuickBooks instantly.
Resolving this H series error is very important because it restricts you from accessing your company file. Therefore, you can contact the QuickBooks Technical Support team of getsupportnumber.com by dialing their toll-free number +1888-346-0234.