QuickBooks accounting software is one of the most recommended accounting software for small and medium sized industries because it provides you so many important features that make accounting easy and affective. However, sometimes the QuickBooks software may come across some error that can restrict you from working on the software. QuickBooks Error C=224 is one such error that can occur if the verification of the company file fails. The error code C=224 refers that the QuickBooks software mistaken a wrong split line for a transaction or a memorized transaction.
The QuickBooks Error C=224 can occur while taking backup of company file or during a file utility optimization. It can also occur while executing a report or when you open a corrupt QuickBooks company file. If you are also facing the same error and you are looking for its solution then you have landed on the right page as we will be providing you the steps to resolve QuickBooks Error C=224.
The error code C=224 can occur in your QuickBooks software in below mentioned scenarios:
- Backing up a company file (.qbw) from the File->Save Copy or Backup… menu selection
- Running the Verify Data utility from the File->Utilities->Verify Data menu selection
- Running the Rebuild Data utility from the File->Utilities->Rebuild Data menu selection
Why Does QuickBooks Error C=224 Occurs In QuickBooks
Main causes of QuickBooks Error C=224 are as given below:
- Damaged or corrupt company file
- Rebuild Data Utility from File > Utility > Rebuild Data
- When you verify or rebuilding the company file
- Link between two transaction was broken
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error C=224?
Before going on to the resolution steps, you can try to update the QuickBooks software to the latest release. The most common way to resolve the error is verifying and rebuilding the data again because the issue is related to a missing data or an application crash. Running the verify and rebuild data utilities in QuickBooks can help you in resolving the issue.
Verifying Data Utility:
Follow the below mentioned steps in order to verify data utility:
- Open the company file
- Once the company file appears, Go to the File menu
- Click on Utilities and then click on Verify Data
- Click on OK to begin the verification process
- Once the process finishes, click on OK
After the verification, you need to rebuild the data. To do so, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Go to the File menu and take your cursor to Utilities
- Click on Rebuild Data
- Click on OK to take backup and ensure that the backup is done within the system
- Click on Next and then click on Browse to find a location to save the backup.
- Once the process is finished, click on OK to save the file
- Follow the prompts to Rebuild Data successfully
QuickBooks Tech Support
Verifying and rebuilding data process will allow you to resolve the QuickBooks Error C=224 manually. However, if you are still facing the same issue then you can get in touch with us by dialing our QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-324-6955 toll-free.