How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6189 816
QuickBooks is one of the best bookkeeping software program that is designed to help small and medium industries in managing financial records and accounts easily. One of the most important features of QuickBooks is that it allows you to enter the due dates and payment details for all recurring bills. But at the same time, it can also fall into some errors that can affect your work flow.
This error code falls under the category of 6000 error code series in QuickBooks which is related to the company file issues. QuickBooks Error 6189, 816 generally occurs when you try to open or create a company file. The other Error codes associated with the issue are:
- QuickBooks Error -6150, -1006
- QuickBooks Error 6069
- QuickBooks Error -6138, -1005
- QuickBooks Error -6000, -301
- QuickBooks Error -6135, -1005
- QuickBooks Error -6189, -85.
Causes Of The QuickBooks Error 6189
- Missing transaction log file (.tlg)
- Damaged or corrupt QuickBooks company file
- Insufficient permission for the Windows user account, QBDataServicesUserXX
- Trying to access a company file in an outdated version of QuickBooks. You need to upgrade QuickBooks software to the latest release for resolving this error.
How To Fix QB Error Code 6189 816?
Most of the users who face this error are using an outdated version of QuickBooks. So, before going on to the steps, it is highly recommended that you should update QuickBooks software instantly and then try to open the company file.
If you still face the same error even after updating QuickBooks then you need to move on to the main resolution steps. Here, we have provided two different methods that you can try to use and resolve your issue. The methods to resolve QuickBooks Error 6189, -816 are as given below:
Note: Before going on the resolution methods, you are advised to create a backup of your company file.
Method 1: Use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
Intuit has provided various tools that can be used to resolve issues in QuickBooks. QuickBooks File Doctor Tool is one of them that help you in resolving the issues related to the company file issues. You need to install the tool from official website of QuickBooks. Once the installation is finished, just run the tool and it will automatically detect and diagnose the issues.
Method 2: Resolve Manually -6189, XX (series error codes)
- Locate the transaction log file (.tlg) and rename it.
- Validate the user permissions provided to QBDataServiceUserXX for your version of QuickBooks
- Ensure that the QuickBooks files are not encrypted
- Copy the QuickBooks files are not encrypted
- Double click on the QuickBooks file that you have pasted on desktop
- If the file still could not be opened then go to the folder in which the file was earlier stored.
- If other users can access the company file from different systems then you need to fix the data damage.
- If other systems can also not open the company file then you just need to open a sample company file and restore a backup of your company file
Technical Support For QuickBooks Company File Errors
The above mentioned steps will allow you to resolve the error code 6189, 816 in QuickBooks and you will be able to access or create company files. However, if you still face the same error then you can get in touch with the certified ProAdvisors of getsupportnumber.com by just dialing the QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-324-6955 toll-free.