QuickBooks -6000, -77 is one of the errors from the 6000 error category and it also related to the issues in your company file. It appears while opening or working on your QuickBooks company file.
QuickBooks Error -6000, -77: Causes
Reasons behind the QuickBooks Error Code -6000, -77 are as given below:
- The company file is not saved in local drive or network or it is saved in an external drive.
- QuickBooks is accessing the company file through mapped drive
- Antivirus program or firewall setting is blocking the connection with QuickBooks in its multi-user mode.
- Improper folder permissions
How To Fix The Error Code 6000, 77 In QuickBooks
In this article, we have provided different steps to resolve the error code -6000, -77 in QuickBooks. You are recommended to follow the steps sequence wise.
Download And Run File Doctor Tool For QuickBooks
The first and most simple process to resolve the QuickBooks Error -6000, -77 is to download and install the File Doctor Tool in your system. Run the software and it will automatically scan and detect the issue and then it’ll also resolve the detected issues automatically.
Rename .ND And .TLG Files
- Locate the folder where the QuickBooks company file is located
- Now find out all the files that has the same file name
- All these files have extensions such as .ND and .TLG
- Right click on the file and click on Rename from the drop-down list
- Type OLD after the name of the file and then press the Enter key
Use UNC Patch File Name, Not The Mapped Drive
- Press and hold CTRL key and the right click on the QuickBooks icon
- From the drop-down list, click on Run as Administrator and then press CTRL key to open the Company Window
- Click on the File menu
- Now from the drop-down list, click on Open or Restore Company
- Now from your left side, open Network and go to the location of company file.
- Select the file and then click on Open
Recreate The Corrupt Folder
- Open the C drive
- Right click and then click on New Folder
- Go to the folder where the company file is located
- Locate .qbw extension file
- Find the file and right click on the file
- Click on Copy from the list and paste it to the new folder that you’ve created
- Set the permissions to the folder
- Now open QuickBooks from the new location
Get Support For Error Code 6000, 77 In QuickBooks
The above methods will allow you to fix the QuickBooks Error -6000, -77 manually. As we have already mentioned that we recommend you to follow the steps sequence wise. However, if you face any issue while performing the process or you have any sort of doubts in any of the step then you can contact the QuickBooks Technical Support team to fix your issues.
There can be situations when the QuickBooks customer support team could not be reached then you need to look for another alternative. Getsupportnumber.com is an independent third party technical support provider who provides the best solution for all your QuickBooks issue. Just dial their toll-free number for QuickBooks support at +1855-565-6250.