QuickBooks accounting software is considered as one of the most convenient and recommended accounting software that allows you to manage payrolls, deals, tracking inventories, sales and expenses, reconciliation and many more. The best part about QuickBooks software is that you can access your QuickBooks account from anywhere and from any operating system be it PC, MAC or mobile phone.
Despite of being such an user-friendly accounting software, it also true that the software is prone to errors and the QuickBooks software has various errors and issues that can occur due to different reasons. QuickBooks Error Code 31 is one such error that can pop up any time and hinder your work flow. If you are looking for the support for the error code 31 in QuickBooks then you have landed on the right page as this article will provide you the steps to resolve it.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 31?
There is not a particular situation when QuickBooks Error 31 can occur but it generally occurs when you try to open payroll report in Excel. QuickBooks Error 31 can also occur while:
- Adding accounts in Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10
Apart from these situations, the error code 31 can occur due to the below mentioned reasons:
- The error code 31 can also occur due to corruption or malfunctioning of an hardware.
- The error code 31 in QuickBooks can also occur due to the QuickBooks finance report does not have an Excel affiliation
- Damaged Microsoft Office installed in your system can also cause this error
How to fix Intuit QuickBooks Error Code 31?
QuickBooks Error 31 is one of the most common and frustrating errors in QuickBooks and it can easily be resolved if you follow some of the guidelines properly. Here, in this article, we have provided the steps that you can perform to resolve the error code 31 in QuickBooks. You can also contact the QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number to get instant support for your issues. Steps to resolve QuickBooks Error 31 in QuickBooks are as given below:
- You need to quickly check the main components of your PC such as Internet, Windows, antivirus software and third party applications installed in your PC to identify and resolve the issue.
- The initial step to resolve this issue is that checking for your Windows Updates. If there is any update available, install them and your issue should be resolved.
- Disable the Windows firewall and antivirus software installed in your system and then run the software
- Make sure that no other application is running in the background while performing the steps
Once you perform the above mentioned steps properly, you need to perform the below mentioned steps:
- Open Windows Explorer and go to the file which is related to the error code
- Double click on the file and you will be asked to select the program to relate the document to.
- Select Excel and then click on OK to connect the format with Excel and open the repost.
Technical Support For QuickBooks
The above mentioned steps will provide you the solution for the error code 31 in QuickBooks. Before you go on to the steps, it is important that you know the actual reason due to which the error is occurring. However, if you still face the same error even after performing the steps properly then you need to get connected with the QuickBooks expert. You can dial the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-567-0425 to get assistance from experts quickly.