QuickBooks is known for its advance and hi-tech accounting functionalities all over the globe. QuickBooks is one of the best accounting software programs with a user-friendly interface and easy to use features. It helps you in handling your accounting, sales and finances easily and effectively. However, there are various errors and issues in QuickBooks software that can hinder your work flow and can also create some major issues in your data files or QuickBooks software. QuickBooks Error 1317 is one such issue that comes under the category of Installation Error. You can also contact the QuickBooks Enterprise Tech Support Number to get instant support for your QuickBooks issues.
The error code 1317 in QuickBooks occurs while installing the QuickBooks Desktop application in your system or while creating a directory in QuickBooks. The error comes up with the following error message:
Error: “1317: An error occurred while creating directory [directory]”
Causes Of QuickBooks Error Code 1317
The error code 1317 in QuickBooks usually occurs when there is something wrong with the installation of QuickBooks software. Major causes of this error are as given below:
- Interference of third party with QuickBooks
- Permission to access the software
- Unexpected modifications in windows registry
- The system account provides permission to Visual Studio 2005 or Visual Studio .NET to get access to that drive.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 1317
Steps to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 1317 are as given below:
- Restart your computer and login to your system with Administrator rights.
- Open the Windows Explorer by pressing the Windows + E keys from your keyboard
- Go to the C:\ drive
- Right click on the Program Folder and then click on Properties
- Go to the Sharing tab
- Now click on Permission or the Advanced Sharing
- Highlight Everyone from the Group
- Click on Allow on the Full Control Line
- Select the username box or highlight System from the Group
- Click on Allow box on the Full Control Line
If none of the above two options are available then follow the steps below:
- Click on Add option
- Enter the missing group in the search field
- Click on Check Names option and then click on OK
- Provide Full Control to this new group
- Go to the Security tab and then click on Advanced
- Go to the Change Permissions tab and check the Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object
- Select all the provided options on your screen and then save the changes.
Now try to install your QuickBooks software in your system to see if the error is resolved or not.
Get QuickBooks Support
The above mentioned steps will allow you to resolve the error code 1317 in QuickBooks. However, if the issue still persists then you need to get in touch with highly experienced QuickBooks ProAdvisors of getsupportnumber.com by dialing their toll-free QuickBooks Technical Support Phone Number +1800-324-6955.