QuickBooks software is enriched with so many latest features that make account easy and accurate. Being full of features, it helps you in various views it can also run in an error sometimes. There can be multiple reasons behind the error but most of the errors and issues in QuickBooks occurs due to some of your activities. QuickBooks Error 83 is one such error that you can face while using QuickBooks.
Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error 83
In simple terms, the error code 83 in QuickBooks is technical glitch that can occur due to various reasons such as installation issues, corrupt or damaged files or folders etc. However, deciding the actual reason can be a bit difficult but it is important to fix the error as soon as possible. If you are looking for support for this error then you need to contact the QuickBooks customer support team.
Causes behind the QuickBooks error 83 are as given below:
- Incomplete or damaged installation of QuickBooks
- The folder where the company files are saved gets corrupted
- The server is restricting you from accessing the company files
- QBDataServiceUserXX service is being hindered by the antivirus software on the main server
- The system in which you are logged in does not allow you to edit the company files
- While hosting is active in the wrong workstation and wrong server instead of the right workstation or server.
QuickBooks Error Code 83: Solutions
Steps to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 83 are as given below:
- Click on the Start menu
- Go to This Computer or My Computer
- Go to the drive where the company file is stored. Usually the file gets stored in the C drive
- Right click on the file which is affected by the errors
- From the drop-down list, select Rename
- Before renaming the company file, make sure that there is no other extension on the file and the file should end with .qbw.
- You can give it any name to refresh it.
- Now right click on the file and select Rename again
- Remove the extra added character and click on off the file.
Support For QuickBooks Error 83
The above mentioned steps will you in resolving the error code easily. However, if the error still persists or you are having some other doubts while performing the steps then you can get in touch with QuickBooks Customer Support team of getsupportnumber.com via toll-free number +1888-396-0208. The highly experienced QuickBooks ProAdvisors will be on the phone to assist you with your issues the moment you dial the toll-free number.